Tech Blog

Displaying articles for: 12-30-2012 - 01-05-2013

4 Killer Apps for Windows Phone 8

by Blogger ‎01-05-2013 08:22 PM - edited ‎01-05-2013 08:22 PM

8ccfa3a6-f624-45b4-a1de-8040a5774dc0.png

Windows Phone 8 sometimes gets a bad rap for not having the most or the best apps, but here are four killer apps that run exceptionally well on Microsoft’s latest mobile OS..

Read more...

Facebook Messenger voice.jpgIf you use the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, download the latest update and you’ll find a new feature that lets you call someone on your Friends list using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), the same technology Skype uses. It’s a pilot project that Facebook has launched and surprisingly enough, Canadians will be the only ones who get to try it out for the next few weeks.

Read more...

Outstanding Audio Options From Pioneer, Bose, Sennheiser and Polk

by Blogger on ‎01-04-2013 11:25 PM - last edited on ‎02-06-2013 12:04 PM by Retired Administrator

banner 1.JPG

Future Shop is serving up some incredible home theatre sound systems, headphones, iPod docks, and a whole lot more. Here are five extremely capable audio components by Pioneer, Bose, Sennheiser and Polk.

Read more...

Top Kid-Friendly Games for the Nintendo Wii

by Blogger ‎01-04-2013 01:28 PM - edited ‎01-04-2013 09:32 PM

Kid Friendly Wii.jpg

Since the release of the Wii Mini, there's still plenty reason to check out this much-loved console.  It may not be the brand spankin' new Wii U, but it offers an entirely different experiece still worth exploring.  This week on my Kid-Friendly Game series I'll show you a mix of E-Rated and T-Rated games worth checking out! 

Read more...

What You Need to Stay Fit for the New Year

by Blogger on ‎01-03-2013 06:36 PM - last edited on ‎01-04-2013 12:53 PM by Retired Administrator

running.jpg

Working out and shedding weight – Yes, I know those are clichéd New Year’s resolution but it’s on our minds after the gluttonous eating over the holidays. A little gadgetry can inspire you to jump start this annual resolution and get yourself moving and staying healthy.

Read more...

Review: Far Cry 3

by Blogger ‎01-03-2013 10:04 AM - edited ‎01-03-2013 10:04 AM

Far Cry 3.jpeg

Humanity, loss, control, darkness, light, rebirth. These are all common themes in the Far Cry series.  Known for taking itself a step above the rest in the sandbox genre, and bearing heavy responsibilities on the player, Far Cry can be a pretty weighty, humanity-seeking series... amidst all the ridiculous crap you can get away with.  It's still a sandbox, after all.

Read more...

Future Shop is heading to Las Vegas for CES 2013

by Blogger ‎01-03-2013 09:35 AM - edited ‎01-03-2013 09:35 AM

CESFS.jpg

Follow the Future Shop blogging team as they navigate their way through the biggest Consumer Electronics Show of the year in Las Vegas, to bring you the latest technology news from some of the biggest names in electronics.

Read more...

Jaw-dropping 3D LED performance: 1080p picks for 2013

by Blogger on ‎01-02-2013 10:18 PM - last edited on ‎01-23-2013 10:46 AM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

banner2.JPG

If your current home theatre leaves you yearning for a greater depth of immersion, perhaps it's time you experience 3D on a high definition LED screen.  Let’s examine a pair of 55” 1080p 3D televisions, and see what kind of performance these 1080p powerhouses bring to the table.

Read more...

Review: Sennheiser MM 400-X Bluetooth Headphones

by Blogger on ‎01-02-2013 11:56 AM - last edited on ‎01-16-2013 02:56 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

Sennheiser_MM400-X_3-1000x800.jpeg

I hate chords with a passion.  Not only do they get tangled easily and often, my cat loves to chew on them (I can't even count how many chords she's chewed through and ruined). Headphones and earbuds tend to be the biggest victims with their soft, thin chords (perfect for some teeth to sink into), so unless I'm keeping a watchful eye they don't usually make it past a night or two. Luckily, there are options, particularly Sennheiser's two Bluetooth headphones: the MM 400-X and 450-X. They may be one small step in the right direction, but it's something I think many of you will find yourselves oggling over, whether you're a pet owner or simply want something wireless and sleek. Today, I'll be talking about the MM 400-X.  Let's take a peek.

Read more...

HD 3D Projectors for Under $900

by Blogger ‎01-01-2013 07:49 PM - edited ‎01-01-2013 10:59 PM

banner.JPG

A high definition 3D projector can throw an image up to 300" –  a screen size which dwarfs nearly every consumer grade TV. Now available at a very reasonable price point, the following three projectors are an awesome and economical way to add big screen HD 3D performance to your home theatre system.

Read more...

Blu-ray Players for Less than $100

by Blogger on ‎12-31-2012 05:54 PM - last edited on ‎01-11-2013 04:47 PM by Retired Administrator

Sony.JPG

The right Blu-ray player can supplement several features lacking in many older televisions. Available for less than a hundred dollars, the following devices offer stellar 3D playback, interruption-free streaming, and on-screen social networking – but bargain hunters better act quick, because these discounted prices are just about to expire.

Read more...

12 Days app.jpgLast year, Apple rolled out a “12 Days of Christmas” campaign wherein they offered a free item from the iTunes Store each day, and this year has been no different. Granted, we’re already halfway through this year’s list of freebies, but today’s is Sonic Jump, a solid game (normally $0.99 in the iTunes Store). It’s available now until midnight, when the clock ticks into a new year because each free item is available for 24 hours. With six days left after this, there could be a couple more gems to look out for.

Read more...

Tech Blog Contest: Cuisinart & Future Shop team up to support a healthy breakfast for the New Year

by Blogger on ‎12-31-2012 09:47 AM - last edited on ‎12-31-2012 09:55 AM by Retired Administrator

Screen Shot 2012-12-31 at 9.31.40 AM.png

It’s a new day and a new year, welcome 2013. Let’s start the New Year with a healthy and nutritious breakfast.  Like many of you, these past few weeks, we attended many holiday parties and indulged in egg-nog, rum, wine, as well as over ate the high-caloric foods both savory and sweet.  Yes, we can admit it, that last few weeks were gluttonous. Today is the day to start healthy. It’s time to start your New Year’s resolution and make foods with clean ingredients that is both nutritious and delicious. In order to make healthy meals, it’s important to have the right kitchen gadgets. That’s why Cuisinart and Future Shop have teamed up to give away the ultimate healthy start appliance gift package.

Read more...

Hands-on: Nintendo TVii

by Blogger ‎12-31-2012 02:35 AM - edited ‎12-31-2012 02:55 AM

nintendo-tvii-81.jpg

Sundays are always my favourite day to relax and watch a movie or get caught up on my favourite TV shows.  Considering how much I enjoy TV time, if there's a way to enhance the experience I'm all for it, so that's why this Sunday I decided to power on my Wii U to test out Nintendo's new TVii application.  The new service, which is available free to all Wii U owners, combines your home TV with the Wii U GamePad to deliver a unique, second screen experience. Does Nintendo TVii "transform and enhance the TV viewing experience" as the company claims?  Well, not exactly, but it has potential.

Read more...

Top Kid-Friendly Games for the PlayStation 3

by Blogger ‎12-30-2012 02:55 PM - edited ‎01-04-2013 09:43 PM

Top Kid-Friendly Games for the PS3.jpg

Aaaannnd we're back!  In August I started a series dedicated to E-Rated (5-10 yrs. and up) and T-Rated (13 yrs. and up) games that cover a whole spectrum of genres.  Things got a little busy and I had to set it aside for a bit, but I'm now ready to get back into this hopefully helpful series.

Read more...

mophie’s trio of Powerstations keep your mobile devices topped up

by Blogger on ‎12-30-2012 11:14 AM - last edited on ‎12-31-2012 09:40 AM by Retired Administrator

mophie Juicepack powerstations.jpg

One of the challenges with mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets, is keeping them powered for a longer period of time. Battery life naturally varies between them, but for those moments where you need extra juice and aren’t close to a charger, one of these portable Powerstation chargers from mophie should be just what you’re looking for.

Read more...

About Tech Blog

MartinR - Editor-in-Chief
PaulH - Gaming Editor
gaming & movies
TeddyK - Cell and Computing Editor
cell, computers, gaming, photo & gadgets
Graham - Photo and Gadgets Editor
photography
Rajio
Computers, Audio & Home Theatre
ThePej
Appliances and Lifestyle
Elliott
Appliances, Gaming & Mobile
MikeYawney
home theatre, mobile, gaming, gadgets
gadjosevilla
Mobile, Appliances, Portable Audio
DigitalDan
Movies
Jason Thomson
Cameras & Photography
BradPajuluoma - guest blogger
Gaming
Leo Bond
Toys and Gadgets
AshleyMartyn
Musical Instruments
ErinLYYC
Home Theatre, Lifestyle
CoreyHerscu
Home Theatre and Mobile
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 1,116 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.