Tech Blog

'Phabulous': Samsung Galaxy Note launching February 14 (video)

by Blogger on ‎02-13-2012 10:12 AM - last edited on ‎07-16-2012 03:57 PM by Administrator

GalaxyNoteVideo.JPG

Tech enthusiasts have been lighting up news pages of Google for weeks and now the day before the official North American launch of the one of the most anticipated Android devices ever, the Samsung Galaxy Note. I first discovered a love for the device at CES 2012, and am enjoying reading the positives reviews...

Read more...

Ice Cream Sandwich at CES 2012 - Part 1 (video)

by Retired Blogger ‎02-10-2012 06:17 PM - edited ‎02-14-2012 11:18 PM

ICS_CES.jpg

This is my first post about CES 2012, and, yes, I know the show was a month ago, so you’re probably wondering what took me so long, when my fellow Tech Bloggers managed to get quite a few CES posts up over the past few weeks.  Well, I won’t make too many excuses. Suffice to say, it was my first CES, so I had no idea what to expect. The show totally burnt me out after only a few days, and I had to go on vacation soon after the show.  Anyways, enough about me, onto the article, which will be the first of many tardy updates about CES from me.

If you are a little confused as to why I am looking for an ice cream sandwich at an electronics show, I’ll fill you in a bit first.  Ice Cream Sandwich (which I will refer to as ICS going forward) is Google’s code name for the latest and greatest version of their Android OS – Android 4.0.  Launched late last year on Samsung’s new flagship phone, the Galaxy Nexus (available from Future Shop on Bell, Virgin, Telus, Rogers, Fido and Sasktel), ICS is the first version of Android to be designed from the ground up for both tablets and phones.

Read more...

CES 2012: Nokia Lumia 900 possibly the best phone at the show

by Blogger on ‎01-12-2012 01:20 PM - last edited on ‎05-03-2012 05:00 PM by Moderator

Nokia Lumia 900.jpg

For Nokia, this year’s CES could be the makings of a comeback. A company that saw a huge market share dive considerably in just a few years at the hands of Apple and Google has been looking to make a splash to become relevant again in the smartphone realm. Nokia’s Lumia 700 and 800 were recently shown off in Toronto before the holidays, and are expected to market in the next two months, but on the show floor, it was the bigger 900 model that stole the show.

Read more...

Celebrity calibre doesn't disappoint at CES 2012; countdown to Justin Bieber

by Blogger on ‎01-10-2012 01:34 AM - last edited on ‎07-20-2012 02:49 PM by Administrator

willsmith.jpg

Today marks the official opening of the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Approximately 150,000 global attendees will descend the show in droves when the doors open at 10:00 a.m. PST. Some argue CES could be re-named "Celebrity Electronics Show" given the huge names that help market the latest gadgets to appear at the show. 

Looking back at yesterday's CES press day, the celebrity turnouts didn't disappoint. 

Read more...

About Tech Blog

MartinR - Editor-in-Chief
PaulH - Gaming Editor
gaming & movies
TeddyK - Cell and Computing Editor
cell, computers, gaming, photo & gadgets
Graham - Photo and Gadgets Editor
photography
Rajio
Computers, Audio & Home Theatre
ThePej
Appliances and Lifestyle
Elliott
Appliances, Gaming & Mobile
MikeYawney
home theatre, mobile, gaming, gadgets
gadjosevilla
Mobile, Appliances, Portable Audio
DigitalDan
Movies
Jason Thomson
Cameras & Photography
BradPajuluoma - guest blogger
Gaming
Leo Bond
Toys and Gadgets
AshleyMartyn
Musical Instruments
ErinLYYC
Home Theatre, Lifestyle
CoreyHerscu
Home Theatre and Mobile
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Labels
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 1,704 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.