Tech Blog

CES 2013: CaseMate is classing things right up.

by Blogger ‎01-14-2013 08:31 AM - edited ‎01-14-2013 08:31 AM

DSC00316.JPG

It’s always interesting to see when a brand shifts gears. Mad Catz did it a few years ago, pledging that they were going to turn over a new leaf, and work harder to make better quality products. They delivered on it too. 

CaseMast has done the same thing. They’ve got a sexy new logo and some elegant new styling. Pledging to create more upscale products, they’re catering to a premium audience.

Read more...

GG3_Evolved_Release.jpg

Shattering your device, whether it’s a tablet or a phone, can be heartbreaking. That’s why Gorilla Glass has been so popular; it does a great job preventing cracks and scratches in screens.

Read more...

121128 - iP5_3-4 cutaway_DFE.jpg

LifeProof cases are pretty famous for being almost everything-proof. They’re military-spec approved from impact, cold, heat, water, dirt, and so on. That’s why it was so cool to see the Fre case for iPhone 5 put to the test. 

Read more...

CES 2013: Otterbox and Griffin have new waterproof phone cases

by Blogger ‎01-11-2013 02:21 PM - edited ‎01-11-2013 02:21 PM

Otterbox waterproof.jpg

Waterproof smartphone cases are a big trend at this year’s CES, and a couple of the standouts that I came across are from Otterbox and Griffin. The cases are focused on the iPhone, and they each offer ruggedized bodies that can not only keep the water out, but also make sure you don’t scratch or crack anything on the phone, too.

Read more...

CES 2013: Sennheiser Momentum headphones going red and black

by Blogger on ‎01-11-2013 11:49 AM - last edited on ‎01-16-2013 02:53 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

Sennheisser Momentum.jpg

Like SMS Audio in the post below, we’ve got another cosmetic change for a pair of headphones — Sennheiser’s Momentum. Future Shop carries the original brown model that came out last year, but Sennheiser will be releasing a black model with a red cable within a few months, I was told. There’s nothing different under the hood, so the sound will be the same, and the $399.99 price tag will likely be, too.

Read more...

CES 2013: LEGO smartphone cases coming to Canada this year

by Blogger on ‎01-10-2013 08:32 PM - last edited on ‎01-11-2013 11:24 AM by Retired Administrator

LEGO iPhone cases.jpg

At Belkin’s booth today, I came across a nice surprise. It looks like the company will be announcing a partnership with LEGO to make cases for the iPhone, iPod Touch and select Android devices. Details are still being worked out, but a summer launch in Canada has been all but confirmed. Just how many cases and for which exact phones is unknown at this time, but the iPhone 5 looks like it’s a lock. It’s even possible to connect LEGO pieces to the cases, so this could be a more functional case than most others. Stay tuned for news on this later into the spring.

Read more...

CES 2013: BlackBerry 10 is awesome. Long live the BlackBerry.

by Blogger ‎01-10-2013 03:40 PM - edited ‎01-10-2013 03:40 PM

I'm an iPhone guy now, but I have a rich history of BlackBerry smartphones and messengers behind me. Ever since my first 950 on the old Mobitex network I've been a fan of BB devices. That's why it was such an exciting morning for me today, getting a chance to go hands on with BB 10 for the very fIrst time. 

Spoiler alert: I loved what I saw.

Read more...

Otter Armor Series – Future Shop @ CES 2013

by Blogger on ‎01-10-2013 03:29 PM - last edited on ‎01-11-2013 11:33 AM by Retired Administrator

LG Optimus G – Future Shop @ CES 2013

by Blogger on ‎01-10-2013 12:15 PM - last edited on ‎01-10-2013 03:28 PM by Retired Administrator

CES2013: Android owners plug into MHL

by Blogger on ‎01-10-2013 01:28 AM

IMG_0030.jpeg

Android owners are invited to kick back and game on the big screen right from their phone with MHL technology. The MHL booth at CES is equipped with an MHL cable and an MHL enabled display, letting Android owners plug in and take their phone for a spin in a big way. 

Read more...

CES 2013: Skullcandy Navigator headphones coming to Canada

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2013 05:31 PM - last edited on ‎01-16-2013 02:56 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

Skullcandy Navigator.jpgGot a quick look today at the Navigator on-ear headphones from Skullcandy, and this sunglasses-inspired set is a light and stylish design that should be coming to Canada before the spring after having been out in the U.S. since the fall. They’re going for $99 south of the border, so expect to see a similar price point up here in the Great White North.

Read more...

CES 2013: Pioneer AppRadio will finally work with iPhone 5

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2013 05:18 PM - last edited on ‎01-10-2013 09:52 AM by Retired Administrator

Pioneer AppRadio 2 setup.jpgIf you have Pioneer’s AppRadio 2 head unit installed in your car — and you own an iPhone 5 or latest iPod Touch — then you may have been suffering from a lack of functionality because of the move from the 30-pin connector to the new Lightning one Apple developed. Pioneer is finally coming out with a fix for this and you can expect to see it in a matter of weeks.

Read more...

CES 2013: Olloclip’s new lens for iPhone 5 and a case

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2013 04:44 PM - last edited on ‎01-10-2013 09:52 AM by Retired Administrator

Olloclip case.jpgOlloclip has a new lens for the iPhone 5 that is already made and could come to Future Shop really soon. I’ve already had one for a few weeks, and saw it again here at CES. The issue I’ve always had with using it is that my iPhone 5 is in a case, and I’m not a fan of taking it out each time I want to shoot something. Looks like Olloclip heard all the gripes about that, too.

Read more...

Sony Xperia Z and ZL – Future Shop @ CES 2013

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2013 01:36 PM - last edited on ‎01-10-2013 03:29 PM by Retired Administrator
About Tech Blog

MartinR - Editor-in-Chief
PaulH - Gaming Editor
gaming & movies
TeddyK - Cell and Computing Editor
cell, computers, gaming, photo & gadgets
Graham - Photo and Gadgets Editor
photography
Rajio
Computers, Audio & Home Theatre
ThePej
Appliances and Lifestyle
Elliott
Appliances, Gaming & Mobile
MikeYawney
home theatre, mobile, gaming, gadgets
gadjosevilla
Mobile, Appliances, Portable Audio
DigitalDan
Movies
Jason Thomson
Cameras & Photography
BradPajuluoma - guest blogger
Gaming
Leo Bond
Toys and Gadgets
AshleyMartyn
Musical Instruments
ErinLYYC
Home Theatre, Lifestyle
CoreyHerscu
Home Theatre and Mobile
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels
Users Online
Currently online: 1 member 262 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.