Tech Blog

GG3_Evolved_Release.jpg

Shattering your device, whether it’s a tablet or a phone, can be heartbreaking. That’s why Gorilla Glass has been so popular; it does a great job preventing cracks and scratches in screens.

Read more...

CES 2013: Fujifilm does fashion!

by Blogger on ‎01-14-2013 08:31 AM

DSC00307.JPG

The Fujifilm X-series of cameras is svelte and sexy. I’ve mentioned before how much I love them and think they’re great cameras. The new X20, shown off at CES, really captured my eye with classic lines and powerful performance.

Read more...

CES 2013: Geonaute’s action camera can capture all your moves at 360-degrees

by Blogger on ‎01-11-2013 04:57 AM - last edited on ‎01-11-2013 11:23 AM by Retired Administrator

Geonaute close-up.jpg

Geonaute, a company based in France, was showing off its new POV action camera on the show floor, and it may be one of the more intriguing gadgets to come out this year. It has three lenses that capture everything from a 360-degree angle, and you can choose which direction you want to view as you’re watching it later on an iPad or big screen TV.

Read more...

CES 2013: Wrapping up Day 2, on to Day 3

by Blogger on ‎01-10-2013 09:02 AM - last edited on ‎03-11-2013 03:05 PM by Retired Administrator

CES-2013.jpg

It doesn't matter how many trade shows you go to, you'll still find that CES can kick your rear. It's a big, unforgiving monster that chews up people and spits out sore feet, sore backs, and big grins. Day 2 didn't disappoint, and left me anxious for more great stuff on Day 3.

Read more...

IMG_0027.jpeg

Nikon announced the new D5200 DSLR at CES, evolving the D5100 to include a more powerful 24 megapixel sensor, the EXPEED 3 image processing engine, and powerful low light performance. 

Pictured above, the D5200 has 39-point autofocus, 5FPS continuous shooting, and a smart new sensor. It supports both HDR modes and Active D-lighting, as well as offering 16 scene modes, and a scene auto selector. Nikon now offers real-time special effects, so you can see image enhancements as you shoot.

Read more...

CES 2013: Olloclip’s new lens for iPhone 5 and a case

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2013 04:44 PM - last edited on ‎01-10-2013 09:52 AM by Retired Administrator

Olloclip case.jpgOlloclip has a new lens for the iPhone 5 that is already made and could come to Future Shop really soon. I’ve already had one for a few weeks, and saw it again here at CES. The issue I’ve always had with using it is that my iPhone 5 is in a case, and I’m not a fan of taking it out each time I want to shoot something. Looks like Olloclip heard all the gripes about that, too.

Read more...

Canon 6D – Future Shop @ CES 2013

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2013 04:07 PM - last edited on ‎01-11-2013 01:22 PM by Retired Administrator

Go Pro Hero 3 Black Edition – Future Shop @ CES 2013

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2013 02:11 PM - last edited on ‎01-10-2013 03:29 PM by Retired Administrator

CES 2013: I want a Pentax Q10. Maybe two of them.

by Blogger on ‎01-08-2013 07:45 PM - last edited on ‎01-09-2013 09:05 AM by Retired Administrator

Pentax Q10.jpg

Pentax made a graceful exit from Future Shop a while back; they're a smaller brand, and it can be hard to make sure that you've got enough stock fill Future Shop's ample demands (a whole lot of us shop with big red, with over 140 stores across the country and futureshop.ca running 24/7).

And while it was sad to see Pentax go, never have I been more heart broken then today. I want to go to my local Future Shop and buy the Q10.

Read more...

CES 2013: It’s about software! Samsung’s Galaxy Camera is the future.

by Blogger on ‎01-08-2013 07:23 PM - last edited on ‎01-09-2013 09:03 AM by Retired Administrator

IMG_0015.jpeg

It’s amazing that it hasn’t happened sooner. One of the reasons that the iPhone is one of the world’s most popular cameras is because it’s stupidly easy to use. It’s fun to use. You point at something, tap on it, and take a picture. You tap one part of the screen to review the picture. You tap an arrow to share your picture. It’s just so simple.

But that simplicity belies its powerful nature. It’s a camera that’s connected to WiFi, 3G, or LTE. It’s a camera that has access to your Twitter account and your contacts. It’s a camera that runs apps.

Read more...

About Tech Blog

MartinR - Editor-in-Chief
PaulH - Gaming Editor
gaming & movies
TeddyK - Cell and Computing Editor
cell, computers, gaming, photo & gadgets
Graham - Photo and Gadgets Editor
photography
Rajio
Computers, Audio & Home Theatre
ThePej
Appliances and Lifestyle
Elliott
Appliances, Gaming & Mobile
MikeYawney
home theatre, mobile, gaming, gadgets
gadjosevilla
Mobile, Appliances, Portable Audio
DigitalDan
Movies
Jason Thomson
Cameras & Photography
BradPajuluoma - guest blogger
Gaming
Leo Bond
Toys and Gadgets
AshleyMartyn
Musical Instruments
ErinLYYC
Home Theatre, Lifestyle
CoreyHerscu
Home Theatre and Mobile
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Labels
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 1,094 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.