Tech Blog

One-on-one with DJ Skee; Future Shop bringing Club Beats to Canada (vids)

by Blogger on ‎04-14-2010 10:19 PM - last edited on ‎05-30-2013 12:17 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

Check out my interview with DJ Skee where we chat about his impressive use of social media to market himself, some of his recent work with other big-name artists like Snoop Dogg and we leak that Future Shop is launching Club Beats in Canada.

Read more...

The 3D TV revolution is coming to a Future Shop near you (video)

by Blogger ‎03-09-2010 02:59 PM - edited ‎03-09-2010 06:55 PM

For the consumer electronics industry, it’s no secret 3D TV is the newsmaker of 2010. The buzz started less than a year ago and the hype has been non-stop since January’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. Every major electronics manufacturer showcased their brand new 3D models. Some of you may recall, I had the privilege of seeing the technology first hand at CES and 3D takes the cake as most impressive viewing, ahead of meeting or seeing Lady Gaga, Diddy or Prince Fielder in person. Read more...

CES 2010: Microsoft Keynote Address Gaming Highlights

by Blogger on ‎01-17-2010 09:26 PM - last edited on ‎05-01-2012 09:30 PM by Retired Moderator

Microsoft kicked off the CES 2010 in style earlier this month, with their CEO, Steve Ballmer, delivering the opening keynote to the thousands of media and industry folks in attendance. Joining him on stage was Robbie Bach, President of their Entertainment & Devices Division, who dropped plenty of gaming news to whet the appetite of the millions of Xbox gamers around the world; but moreover, his speech had a clear message that Microsoft plans to expand the Xbox consumer base through the release of monthly AAA exclusive games, an expanded repertoire of social media applications, and innovative new technologies.

Read more...

Reflecting on CES 2010, plus more video of product demos

by Blogger on ‎01-13-2010 07:50 AM - last edited on ‎04-21-2011 10:59 AM by Retired Moderator

As I reflect on CES 2010, I’m thankful for Future Shop’s amazing partners and vendors who stepped and guided me through their newest technologies at their booths. They made it easy for me to gather footage of their innovations among the 120,000+ attendees!

Read more...

Gadgets on the go at CES 2010: Blackberry Presenter; iLANE for hands-free device driving

by Blogger on ‎01-12-2010 03:06 PM - last edited on ‎04-21-2011 11:00 AM by Retired Moderator

The Consumer Electronics Show has come to an end, but there are still plenty of exciting new gadgets to talk about. That said, it’s been a busy day going through hours of video and editing with my colleague at Future Shop, the very talented videographer and editor, George Coucocoulos.

Read more...

Tweets help identify top gadgets from CES 2010 & makes connections

by Blogger ‎01-11-2010 10:54 PM - edited ‎09-02-2010 11:12 AM

Striking dialogue with others on Twitter is fun and can go beyond the "Twittersphere." I quickly found this out on two occasions while in Las Vegas at CES. Two journalists in Toronto, Ontario got a hold of me when they discovered via Twitter I was reporting about my CES experiences for Future Shop.

Read more...

New products road trip with Griffin Technology (CES 2010)

by Blogger on ‎01-10-2010 10:39 PM - last edited on ‎07-22-2010 06:33 PM by Moderator

At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this weekend, Jackie Ballinger, Director of Public Relations of Griffin Technology, took me on a “road trip” to check out some of their latest gadgets that make driving enjoyable, convenient and safe. Read more...

Well, it's time to pack and head to McCarran International Airport after an excellent few days attending the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The countless number of cool electronics on display were simply amazing!

Read more...

Sony parades Vaio Z Series notebook during demo at CES 2010

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2010 07:46 PM - last edited on ‎04-30-2012 12:05 PM by Retired Moderator

While at the Sony pavilion today at CES 2010, the highly-anticipated Vaio Z Series notebook caught my attention. This 13.1-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen display with LED backlight notebook was an absolute beauty. Aside from the backlit keyboard technology, another feature that impressed me was the light weight of the notebook - it weighs less than three pounds with its carbon-fibre and aluminum chassis. Also, I appreciate how this notebook comes with noise-canceling headphones with the music and video conferencing users in mind. View the overview of one of the latest models of Vaios by Sony by clicking on the video below.

Read more...

Clickfree reveals C2N and wins two awards at CES 2010

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2010 07:30 PM - last edited on ‎04-21-2011 11:01 AM by Retired Moderator

During my second last day at CES, I had the honour of meeting Ian Collins, founder and president of Clickfree, a Canadian tech company making consumer-friendly back-up solutions. Ian and I chatted about the release of the new C2N Portable Backup product, an easy-to-use, automatic storage device that allows for backing-up of multiple computers to a home or office network. To help demonstrate how this product works, check out the demo provided by Collins from the CES floor and see for yourself why they won two awards for their innovations this weekend, including a CES Reader's Choice from Laptop magazine.

Read more...

Samsung gets into 3D gaming and elevates design of 9-series and cameras

by Blogger on ‎01-09-2010 08:50 AM - last edited on ‎07-22-2010 06:35 PM by Moderator

As expected at CES 2010 in Las Vegas, Samsung put together a dazzling display of their new electronics lineup. Jeffrey Ingram from Samsung Canada walked me through some key areas of what I dubbed the "city" (it was a huge pavilion), to demo what's hot in their 3-D gaming developments and their design and performance enhancements with their 9-series HDTVs and digital cameras. Check out the videos and see some of the latest from Samsung. Enjoy! Read more...

Life’s Good for LG at CES 2010

by Blogger on ‎01-08-2010 11:59 PM - last edited on ‎05-25-2012 09:24 AM by Administrator

lg-logo_a1.jpgToday was another action-packed day at CES 2010. One highlight I'll share tonight is my experiences at the LG Electronics pavilion. It was an impressive space, certainly in my top 10 of presentation spaces at CES for looks and layout as it welcomed visitors to what felt like hundreds of HDTVs and computer monitors displayed in a decorative manner that would make people like my stylist friend and TV personality, Janette Ewen proud. (Well, only if they had a white TV on display; she Tweeted her request for me to find a HDTV at CES in white. Apparently, this is the fashionable colour for stylists these days – I get the vision.)

Read more...

CES Tech: From the sidelines

by Retired Blogger on ‎01-08-2010 01:29 PM - last edited on ‎07-22-2010 06:29 PM by Moderator

Not every Future Shop blogger was able to get to CES this year, and I'm one of them. But that doesn't mean we can't watch all the announcements, news releases, coverage and awards out of 'Vegas this week -- and yes, being a bit of a tech-head, that's what I've been doing. Read more...

Monster unveils Diddy Beats during CES 2010 with Diddy, Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine

by Blogger on ‎01-08-2010 07:48 AM - last edited on ‎07-22-2010 06:31 PM by Moderator

Last night goes down in the books for me as one of most memorable launch events I've attended. The good folks at Monster invited Future Shop to their "Media Mixer" at the Paris hotel in Las Vegas. This was a chance for me to chat with Monster's leadership team about the latest products at CES and beyond. Following that, I was invited to attend their new product release press conference/launch party which featured music mogul, Diddy, Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine. The launch came just hours after they held an announcement on the CES floor with Lady Gaga and Dr. Dre. Read more...

What's hot at CES? Lots of cool stuff

by Blogger on ‎01-07-2010 08:18 PM - last edited on ‎05-01-2012 09:22 AM by Retired Moderator

While Elliot is hanging out with Lady Gaga at CES, the rest of us are watching what's going on down in Sin City as well. I could focus on just eReaders or Tablets or TVs, but I think that the real story is what connects all of them-thin, light, energy efficient displays. Remember the first tablet PCs? Remember how bulky not to mention expensive and not the best batter life in town. Now we have laptops that nearly a whole workday. Looking at the crop of über thin TV and eReaders I'm pretty excited at what this means for the next few years.

Read more...

About Tech Blog

MartinR - Editor-in-Chief
PaulH - Gaming Editor
gaming & movies
TeddyK - Cell and Computing Editor
cell, computers, gaming, photo & gadgets
Graham - Photo and Gadgets Editor
photography
Rajio
Computers, Audio & Home Theatre
ThePej
Appliances and Lifestyle
Elliott
Appliances, Gaming & Mobile
MikeYawney
home theatre, mobile, gaming, gadgets
gadjosevilla
Mobile, Appliances, Portable Audio
Jason Thomson
Cameras & Photography
BradPajuluoma
Gaming
Leo Bond
Toys and Gadgets
AshleyMartyn
Musical Instruments
ErinLYYC
Home Theatre, Lifestyle
CoreyHerscu
Home Theatre and Mobile
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 409 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.