Tech Blog

E3 2011: Halo 4

by Retired Blogger on ‎06-27-2011 09:38 AM - last edited on ‎10-31-2011 04:41 PM by Administrator

2011_06_21_halo4.jpg

So, um; Halo 4 then. Apparently that's a thing that's happening? I suppose Microsoft weren't going to let this franchise "end" as such, but to come out the gates so strongly after original developer Bungie leaves the franchise, with a full numbered title, promising a new trilogy? Gosh, I don't know what to make of that.

Read more...

E3 2011: Rocksmith

by Retired Blogger on ‎06-25-2011 01:24 PM - last edited on ‎05-03-2012 09:51 AM by Retired Moderator

We've done some coverage of Rocksmith on the Tech Blog before, but E3 2011 was our first time to get up close and personal with the title. So, how is it?

Read more...

E3 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

by Retired Blogger on ‎06-24-2011 11:21 AM - last edited on ‎05-03-2012 09:51 AM by Retired Moderator

2011_06_21_mw3.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 hits on November 8th, 2011, but we were lucky enough to get to see it in detail at this year's E3, and here are the deets:

Read more...

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Demo Footage Is All Looks, No Brains

by Blogger on ‎06-22-2011 09:39 PM - last edited on ‎05-03-2012 09:56 AM by Retired Moderator

MGSPW-SS_01_PS3.jpg

During Konami's pre-E3 show the company announced an HD home console version of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker will be hitting shelves this November, and this week they're ready to show the game in action. Even at this early stage the game is looking incredible, much improved over the PSP version which already looked great on Sony's portable device.  You have to wonder though, why did Konami let such an incompetent player demo this game for us for the very first time?

Read more...

Game News Round-up: Post-E3 2011

by Retired Blogger ‎06-18-2011 07:43 PM - edited ‎06-18-2011 07:43 PM

News! There was news during E3 (check it out, I put some of it here) but even with E3 over it doesn't stop. It never stops. Imagine me as a wild-eyed lunatic, grasping at his face, screaming "it never stops!" Er, wait. Don't. Instead think of all the interesting news, like new Call of Duty: Black Ops DLC, and Gunstringer going retail.

Read more...

Hands On: PS Vita

by Blogger on ‎06-18-2011 12:48 PM - last edited on ‎05-03-2012 09:52 AM by Retired Moderator

psp.jpg

Nintendo may have wowed the crowds at E3 with the introduction of the Wii U, but we can't forget about the other big announcement made by Sony; the introduction of the PS Vita. 

Sony's new handheld looks very similar to the existing PSP, but it has some unique features not found on other portable consoles.

I had the chance to spend 30 minutes with the device. Here are my thoughts.

Read more...

Future Shop announces pre-order bonuses on massive gaming titles

by Blogger ‎06-17-2011 06:07 AM - edited ‎06-17-2011 01:14 PM

Gears.jpg

Everyone loves discovering from E3 what new consoles, games and accessories are coming to the market. To celebrate the arrival of huge titles launching this year in Canada, my gaming peers at Future Shop are going the distance and offering special bonuses on some preorder-orders.

Read more...

E3 2011: In Pictures

by Retired Blogger ‎06-16-2011 09:02 PM - edited ‎06-16-2011 09:02 PM

It's been one full week since E3 ended, and I've been almost entirely silent. The reason for that is that E3 is like a truck that smashes into you at a hundred miles an hour. Recovering from that... well, it takes a while. And to be honest, this year the truck backed up over me a couple of times. But let's celebrate the good times with some pictures!

Read more...

E3 2011: Nintendo Celebrates The Legend of Zelda's 25th Anniversary With Live Concerts And Games

by Blogger on ‎06-16-2011 07:44 PM - last edited on ‎04-30-2012 01:31 PM by Retired Moderator

Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Logo.jpg

Last year Super Mario Bros. celebrated its 25th Anniversary and this year The Legend of Zelda has reached the same milestone.  You'd never know by looking at the elvish features of series protagonist Link however, who looks like he hasn't aged a day since his early NES days.  At E3 this year Nintendo announced big plans to celebrate Zelda's 25th birthday, including a worldwide symphony tour, a new video game on each of Nintendo's platforms, and even a couple of music CDs thrown in the mix.

Read more...

A Closer Look at Bioshock Infinite

by Blogger ‎06-15-2011 05:59 PM - edited ‎06-15-2011 05:59 PM

BIOSHOCK INFINITE E3 2011 1.jpg

For 12 years Elizabeth has been held captive in a tower. She knows nothing about the outside world except for what she reads in books. Her only companion is the 'creature' who has kept her hostage; known only as the Songbird. Elizabeth wants one thing...to be free. And you are about to answer her call. A bounty has been placed on Elizabeth and you stand to gain a great deal of wealth if you can free her from Songbird's grasp.

That's the preamble Irrational Games gave before diving into a 15 minute gameplay demo for Bioshock Infinite behind closed doors at E3. I was excited about the game before, but after watching what Irrational Games has been working on I can happily say my expectations have grown even higher.

Read more...

E3 2011: Xbox 360 Wheel Controller Coming Soon, Gears of War 3 Controller Coming Sooner

by Blogger on ‎06-12-2011 07:53 PM - last edited on ‎10-31-2011 04:42 PM by Administrator

Xbox-360-Wireless-Speed-Wheel-front.jpg

Microsoft took the opportunity to unveil two new Xbox 360 controllers during the excitement of E3 this past week.  The products are timed to come out with two of Microsoft's most anticipated games of the year, the first being Forza Motorsport 4 and the second being...

Read more...

Ubisoft's E3 Line-up Is (Pretty) Diverse

by Blogger on ‎06-11-2011 02:35 PM - last edited on ‎10-31-2011 04:01 PM by Administrator

raymanoriginsmain530.jpg

Looking at all the games that Ubisoft showed off during E3 two thoughts come to mind: whoa pretty graphics, and whoa nice diversity. Seems like Ubisoft has a little something for everyone planned in the next year, so let your eyes, ears and hands feast on this impressive line-up:

Read more...

E3 2011: Hands on with Super Mario 3DS

by Blogger on ‎06-10-2011 11:24 PM - last edited on ‎04-27-2012 02:23 PM by Moderator

super mario 3ds.jpg

Nintendo certainly had a lot to announce at the year's E3. Not only is there a new console in the works, but a new Mario title will be hitting the 3DS this holiday season.

Super Mario can be best described as Super Mario 64 with the bonus of having a real 3D view of the action. You run around levels looking for coins and power-ups with the sole goal of competing them in a set time frame.

Nintendo is not ready to talk about the story or the characters involved in this title, but by playing through four of the levels I can say long-time fans of the franchise will certainly be pleased to see many familiar things...

Read more...

Made in Canada.jpg

E3 may be over and done for another year, but there was plenty of news to go around over the course of this week that foreshadowed where the industry is headed and how playing games will change, as a result. But within all the hoopla is a steady Canadian presence in the gaming industry that has put this country in third place in the world.

Read more...

E3 2011: Hands On with Sonic Generations

by Blogger ‎06-10-2011 12:58 PM - edited ‎06-10-2011 12:59 PM

sonic generations.jpg

2011 marks the 20th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog. Yes, hard to believe us older gamers have been playing games featuring the little blue speedster for that long. To commemorate the anniversary Sega has decided to launch a brand new title which takes inspiration from some of the best Sonic games to hit the consoles. The Result? Sonic Generations.

Sonic has been trapped in a time warp by a yet to be unveiled new villain. It just so happens Sonic jumps back 20 years and bumps into his former self. The modern and classic Sonic decide to team up destroy the new threat and get the modern Sonic back into his own time period.

I had the chance to play two levels from the game at E3 and I must say it looks like Sega may finally be bringing the charm back to the Sonic franchise.

Read more...

About Tech Blog

MartinR - Editor-in-Chief
PaulH - Gaming Editor
gaming & movies
TeddyK - Cell and Computing Editor
cell, computers, gaming, photo & gadgets
Graham - Photo and Gadgets Editor
photography
Rajio
Computers, Audio & Home Theatre
ThePej
Appliances and Lifestyle
Elliott
Appliances, Gaming & Mobile
MikeYawney
home theatre, mobile, gaming, gadgets
gadjosevilla
Mobile, Appliances, Portable Audio
DigitalDan
Movies
Jason Thomson
Cameras & Photography
BradPajuluoma - guest blogger
Gaming
Leo Bond
Toys and Gadgets
AshleyMartyn
Musical Instruments
ErinLYYC
Home Theatre, Lifestyle
CoreyHerscu
Home Theatre and Mobile
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Labels
Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 381 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.