Tech Brand Talk

It’s official: BlackBerry Torch launching at Future Shop September 24

by Blogger on ‎09-03-2010 11:37 PM - last edited on ‎06-26-2013 02:57 PM by JorgeM Recognized Expert

My fantastic colleagues recently shared with me that on September 24, 2010, all of Future Shop’s 145 store locations via their Cellshop departments will be carrying the highly-touted BlackBerry Torch smartphone! They will be available on the Bell, Rogers, Telus and Virgin networks.

I had a chance to toy around with one a few weeks back and it’s an impressive hybrid handset, the first of its kind from RIM. I’m a huge fan of the QWERTY keyboard and was happy to see it included along with the sleek touch screen.

4944i180336EF404C82D3 

The BlackBerry Torch is the world’s first smartphone to combine a BlackBerry keyboard with a full touch screen experience, as well as the first to feature the new BlackBerry 6 operating system with its rich WebKit browser. Also, the BlackBerry Torch was created for the social media minded in mind and packed with the essential business tools for those of us with day jobs.

For future BlackBerry Torch news and information, drop by www.futureshop.ca or the Community Forum. You can expect a steady stream of information being posted there as the launch date draws near.

Comments
by Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador on ‎09-04-2010 09:07 AM

I'm drooling for the upgrade....

For those who are willing to skip the warranty, ColorWare just announced the ability to personalize your Torch to any color you want.....

http://www.colorwarepc.com/press/torch.html?utm_source=Torch%2B9800

The only complaint is they don't do flame jobs for the Torch. 

by Blogger on ‎09-28-2010 01:44 PM

Update: There's been a slight delay getting in the Torch from all providers. Future Shop stores will have them in later this week.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.