Tech Brand Talk

Starcraft II launches at Future Shop's Midnight Madness events on July 26

by Blogger ‎07-19-2010 05:25 PM - edited ‎09-22-2010 06:55 PM

4178i9886F82A14699DF2

At midnight on Monday, July 26 the Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty wait is over for anxious Canadians ready to infuse themselves in Protoss, Terran or Zerg races. Future Shop is hosting their much-anticipated "Midnight Madness" events at all stores in Canada* on the eve of Starcraft II's North American launch. It's hard to believe it's been 12 years since the first Starcraft game launched - I remember being in school when it first released and watching it quickly erupt globally to the massive scale we find it today...

Back on track, here are details you want about getting your hands on Starcraft II - regular or the limited Collector's Edition:

4176iA6A49C6D912D4BDB

What: Future Shop hosts Midnight Madness events for the launch of Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty.

When: Monday, July 26, 2010. Doors to Future Shop open at 12 midnight.

Where: At a Future Shop near you - click here for the store locator.

BONUS: The first 20 purchasers receive a free gaming headset! And, the first 50 receive a free Starcraft II hat and poster. Sweet.4175i1D270BB584E31BD4

Another BONUS worth mentioning: If you have two games for the Playstation 3, Wii or Xbox platforms you've completed and ready to retire, trade them in for a free copy of Starcraft II! This is part of Future Shop's used gaming program, and a spectacular offer. Details are here.

*Stores in Sudbury, ON and Quebec are opening early at 8:00 a.m. local time on Tuesday, July 27, 2010.

If you can't make the Starcraft II Midnight Madness events in your neighbourhood, you can still benefit from scoring a free hat by pre-ordering copies of the game.

Game on!

Comments
by madjim on ‎07-26-2010 09:59 PM

future shop employees lies to me when they said it was going to be open till 1 I got their at 1235 and it was closes so I had to drive home again IM going to buy all my games from (competitor) from now on.

by chienlaid on ‎07-27-2010 03:17 PM

I've just registered

by Twitch(anon) on ‎07-28-2010 10:48 PM

Just wanted to say that I am very disappointed with Future Shop and the way the pre orders were handled.  My fiance pre ordered his copy of the collector's edition of Star Craft II.  Went down to the store at midnight.  And was told that they were sold out by the time he finally made it into the store for purchase.  What is the point of pre ordering??  Needless to say we will not be purchasing games or any other products  from Future Shop moving forward.  Hoping this did not happen to too many people.  Just so frustrating.

by Retired Moderator on ‎07-28-2010 11:11 PM

Hi Twitch,

Feel free to register to forums, by doing so we will be able to escalate this issue to the Customer Service Department.

Cheers,

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.