Contributor
gohanrage360

RC Car : Run Time

I do not understand the point of owning any of the RC Cars Futureshop Sells. I've looked at a Bunch of them and they say the Run Time is 10 - 15 Minutes at most. That is a Joke. I have a 24 year old TYCO RC Car that I can use for 4 hours. sure it probably doesn't go a Mile an Hour but I got it when I was 8.

$700 and Under is too much for 15 minutes of Use. I would require at Minimum 60minutes of Use on a Single Charge.

Trusted Expert
ShwaCarInstall

Re: RC Car : Run Time

Battery powered vehicles i find don't last very long.

But they are just beginner kits. So upgrading a battery pack might be the first thing you do.

All the ones I had maybe lasted 5min before I could tell they were running down. Definetly recommend the gas powered ones.......
Contributor
gohanrage360

Another thing I find odd is how fast these things go. you would need access to a race track like they show in the trailer. it would take no time before the car was out of your sight. Especially going 100kmph

Visitor
candinmy

[ Edited ]

great , i have a 4 channel RC helicopter ,i like it very much,i am appreciate it

Visitor
Fisanbe

It's really can use so long time??

Contributor

they are diffidently outside toy's I run a E-MAX i get about 20 min out of a charge, the speed is nuts for what they are but you have to also remember that a Traxxes are upgradable and the electric are a lot quieter that the gas units

Visitor
Guardman

Currently they carry a huge price tag, but I’ll be buying a couple in a months’ time.

Recognized Expert
JorgeM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to add a little bit to this discussion. One of the elements that directly impact the battery charge is the speed of the car. The faster it goes, the more power it takes and, therefore, the less time it remains charged. There are a couple of options to help with this, we carry bigger batteries that hold their charge a little longer or other customers have bought several batteries that they switch in order to maximize their time with the car. Finally, we have a buying guide that will help you understand a little more about the battery technology and the brand overall.

Hope this helps!

Jorge

Social Community Coordinator
twitter.com/FS_Connect

Tech Yeah! For the love of tech!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.