Trading Post

Contributor
Chadley

Re: Trade in Games Discussion - Ideas/Feedbacks

Hello Godwin,

Just an idea for future trade-in promos...

Would it be possible to have a trade-in deal for collector's/limited editions of games in addition to promos for the regular versions of these games?

For example, Trade 2 games from the list for the regular version, Trade 3 or 4 games for the collector's edition (all depending on the retail price). Another competitor allows you to trade in games towards these collector's edition so it would be great if Future Shop allowed it as well.

I have seen many collector's editions (from the fall 2011 releases) that end up sitting on the shelves collecting dust and taking up shelf/floor space. Most gamers would buy these games on release date if they were interested.

I hope this is something you can consider for future promos!

Thanks!

Emerging Expert
dtp11

Chadley wrote:

Hello Godwin,

Just an idea for future trade-in promos...

Would it be possible to have a trade-in deal for collector's/limited editions of games in addition to promos for the regular versions of these games?

For example, Trade 2 games from the list for the regular version, Trade 3 or 4 games for the collector's edition (all depending on the retail price). Another competitor allows you to trade in games towards these collector's edition so it would be great if Future Shop allowed it as well.

I have seen many collector's editions (from the fall 2011 releases) that end up sitting on the shelves collecting dust and taking up shelf/floor space. Most gamers would buy these games on release date if they were interested.

I hope this is something you can consider for future promos!

Thanks!

+1, this is a great idea!  I pre-order/buy all of my collectors/limited/special editions at the other competitor you speak of because they allow me to trade a few of my old games towards them.  Although I despise said competitor, I'm forced to ppick up my CE's there... so even though (at times) I also despise Future Shop (FS), I still like FS better than the other competitor and this would definitely help FS gain more of my business (plus brownie points)!

Contributor
dmoltisanti

Good idea, I would be in for the occasional CE as well.

Also you should consider adding Mass Effect 3 to next weeks pre-order list if at all possible.

Recognized Expert
Expert (Trading Post)
godwin

Great idea on the CE/LE versions! I have thought about that in the past but due to the limited stock of these CE/LE versions, it is difficult to call out/advertise.

Once the stores are more in tuned with the program, we may let them know about the CE versions and maybe its "trade 3" for the CE/LE version; we'll need to figure it out!
Emerging Expert
TripleQ

Is it possible to do a trade 2 and then pay the difference between the regular edition and the collectors edition?
Recognized Expert
awong36

[ Edited ]

Most of the time, the stores don't get enough of the collector ed. However, if it's available when the customer doing the trade-in promo, I think having the option to upgrade to collector edition is a good idea. An alternative would be using trade-in promos to clear out some of the over-stocked collectors ed, it's better than collecting dust in the warehouse. :smileyhappy:

A W
Entertainment Associate
Contributor
Chadley

Thanks for the consideration Godwin!

I'm sure customers would understand any trade promos for CE/LE versions would be while supplies last.

As TripleQ mentioned, another option would be to pay the difference for the CE/LE.

Contributor
DealsL

I agree with the previous post. I hate going to FS competition to get my LE/CE.

If we can get T3 towards LE/CE that would be great. Also, paying the difference to get the LE/CE after the T2 would also be nice.

Recognized Expert
Expert (Trading Post)
godwin

Great feedback from everyone. We will investigate these offers as we will need to begin "teaching" our CSRs about the offer to avoid issues on street date.

We will try to target this for ME3...no promises :smileyhappy:
Visitor
awworld

It would be great if you can do CE. I really really support that.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.