Trading Post

Contributor
DealsL

Re: Trade in Games Discussion - Ideas/Feedbacks

[ Edited ]

I wonder when will Futureshop will start accepting those games that have "Not for Sale" bar code. For example, I wanna trade my Little Big Planet 2 game but it came from the Collector's Edition so I can't trade it in.

Another company will have no problem accepting it but I hate doing my trade there. Will FS accepts this game in the future?

Emerging Expert
dtp11

^^^ +1, it's so annoying when they won't accept games that say "not for resale" instead of having a barcode. The only reason it says that is so retailers don't start piecing out bundles. It has nothing to do with the used game/trade-in games aspect of things.
Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Atomic

A lot of times the 'not for resale' games are typically given away free as part of a promotion.

Labelling them this way prevents people from scooping up multiple free copies and selling them off for profit.

Emerging Expert
TripleQ

[ Edited ]

In my experience (and perhaps this is because I'm not lucky enough to receive free promotional games) most Not For Resale games come from collector's editions, and bundles (with hardware or other games in triple-packs, etc). The Not For Resale label is meant to prevent retailers from breaking up the packages and reselling them separately.

Once it's been bought by a consumer, I would think its just as valid to trade it in as it is identical to the normal game with a UPC.

Recognized Expert
Expert (Trading Post)
godwin

The main concern for "Not for Resale (NFS)" games is that there is no way for our system to figure out what version of the game it is.

It is very manual to look up the game online and give you an accurate trade in value for them.

At this time, we wont be taking in trade ins for "NFS" games.
Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Atomic

TripleQ wrote:

Once it's been bought by a consumer, I would think its just as valid to trade it in as it is identical to the normal game with a UPC.

We are saying the same thing, but unfortunately there is no way to distinguish between a consumer and a retailer.

Visitor
LoccalAbbott

You guys should do a deal with the Ps Vita. Trade 5 get the first edition for 179.99 and regular edition 129.99

Recognized Expert
Expert (Trading Post)
godwin

I think your on the right track LoccalAbbott, we will definitely have a trade in offer for the PS Vita :smileyhappy: Stay tuned!
Contributor
Chadley

Thanks for the Trade 3 promo for the collector's edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Soul Calibur V.

The gaming CSR at my local store told me about it and I ended up getting the Final Fantasy CE. :smileyhappy:

Looking forward to future promos for collector's/limited editions!

Visitor
LoccalAbbott

I went and had all my trade in games and they said they do ont have any until tomorrow. They said that I can just do the trade and pay for it today and just pick it up when its in. I waited for 45 mins just to get denied and for them to say they cant do it and I wont be in to another futureshop for about a week to lloydminster because i travel 45 minutes just for futureshop and mcdonalds. Dissapointed in the little they knew.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.