Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Destiny 2

I'm pretty certain the beta codes are emailed out.

If you qualify, the codes are sent out on a weekly basis. Depending on when you pre-order, you might end up waiting a few days.

Hypothetically speaking, for example, if you ordered on a Thursday, then it would be likely that you were included in a batch of codes that were sent out on the Friday after the Thursday you made your purchase. However, if you ordered on a Saturday, you would most likely have been included in the batch that gets sent out the following Friday.

Please give customer service a call at 1-866-237-8289. You will need to have your order info handy if you call them. Thanks.

You can also refer to the info on the Destiny 2 product page, underneath where the price is indicated.

A code will be emailed to you within 7 working days of preorder. Beta platform availability and launch date(s) TBD. See destinythegame.com/beta for details. Limited time only, while beta codes last. Internet connection required. May require subscription for applicable platform, sold separately.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Destiny 2 Pre-order

When do Destiny 2 beta codes get released if pre-orderd?

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Is the beta keys only available for online orders? I ordered in store and hoping to receive a key?

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Typically the Beta key bonus is for online pre-orders only and you will receive it to your email address

this is from the product page 

ONLINE ONLY. Pre-order Destiny 2 and be one of the first to play the game with Early Beta Access

A code will be emailed to you within 7 working days of preorder. Early access starts on July 18th for PS4, July 19th for Xbox One. See destinythegame.com/beta for details. Limited time only, while beta codes last. Internet connection required. May require subscription for applicable platform, sold separately.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Community Manager
0 Kudos

selbeep wrote:

Is the beta keys only available for online orders? I ordered in store and hoping to receive a key?

If you pre-ordered in-store, and you provided your email address, you should be receiving a code.

Batches of codes are sent out regularly; you will not receive your code instantaneously after a purchase. In a post above, there is an explanation of the frequency of when codes are sent out. People who ordered over a weekend will have to wait several days to receive their codes. Be sure to check your junkmail, just in case. If you ordered in-store but did not leave an email address, please give customer service a call regarding your order. If you still have not received a code by next week, please give customer service a call for further assistance. You can reach them at 1-866-237-8289.

Thanks.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Bungie indicates the beta date ends July 23 [5 days duration] It may get extended as Destiny 1 was?

I am hoping for the code with in 24 hours of beta release. If I receive nothing in an email by then I will check with **competitor** and verify if they have codes. Beta is released today and I do not want to miss the opportunity just because I ordered the physical game and did not preorder digitally.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

No luck with beta codes in email and now have public access to beta anyway. Missed out on the pre-order beta window but was able to download and play beta yesterday.