Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017

Really lame how several games that where announced before e3 STILL haven't been listed.

That and Best buy got their lunch ate when a compeditor had several games for only $50 and a second compeditior matched that price while they themselves did nothing. 

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Luminary
0 Kudos

Gold_guardian wrote:

Really lame how several games that where announced before e3 STILL haven't been listed.

That and Best buy got their lunch ate when a compeditor had several games for only $50 and a second compeditior matched that price while they themselves did nothing. 

Ordered less this year because of that combo.

I'll order more if you do points again next year Best Buy.  Take note.

PS last year we had 10x points rest of the year and year before sale was extended a week after Smiley Happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence I know you've said above prices will scale if the placeholder drops.  I actually had an interesting question.

Let's say I preordered a game and it was $44.99 before the discount.  So after discount it will be $35.99 before taxes, above the shipping threshold.  Then let's say the game drops to $39.99 before the discount.  After the discount, it would be 39.99*0.2 = $31.99 below the shipping threshold.  Am I charged for shipping?

Also, I'm wondering why exactly I couldn't price match a preorder price at a different retailer.  It wasn't that they were out of stock, but I was told that a "pre order and is not available for sale" when I could order it so technically it is "for sale".  I understand Best Buy has their policies, but it seems kind of strange (unless it is explicitly states in the terms of the price beat).  Just an explanation would be great if I'm maybe not understand the definition of "for sale"!

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

apt4893 wrote:

@BBYTerence I know you've said above prices will scale if the placeholder drops.  I actually had an interesting question.

Let's say I preordered a game and it was $44.99 before the discount.  So after discount it will be $35.99 before taxes, above the shipping threshold.  Then let's say the game drops to $39.99 before the discount.  After the discount, it would be 39.99*0.2 = $31.99 below the shipping threshold.  Am I charged for shipping?

Also, I'm wondering why exactly I couldn't price match a preorder price at a different retailer.  It wasn't that they were out of stock, but I was told that a "pre order and is not available for sale" when I could order it so technically it is "for sale".  I understand Best Buy has their policies, but it seems kind of strange (unless it is explicitly states in the terms of the price beat).  Just an explanation would be great if I'm maybe not understand the definition of "for sale"!

Hey.

For the first hypothetical, I actually do not think the customer would be charged shipping because the order would have free shipping on it already, and the price adjustment would be done against the order after.

For the pre-order piece, Best Buy Canada treats pre-orders a little differently than regular price match/beats as these types of products are technically not in-stock and ready to ship. You do not pay for pre-order items until they actually ship, so it is more like a promise to pay, but nothing is really for sale yet. Also, you can only price match in stock items, which a pre-order item naturally is not. 

The lowest price guarantee ensures that if the price goes down at the time of release, the customer pays the lower price, as Best Buy Canada does not charge the customer until the order leaves the warehouse. Of course, if the price goes down again after release (within 30 days of purchase) the customer would be eligible for a credit once more. However, if the customer does find a pre-order with a lower price and qualifies based on Best Buy Canada's guidelines, then the difference can be applied to their order, but they will not receive their refund until after their order has shipped--so this may take some time as it depends on when the specific item's release date is.  

If this pre-order inquiry is of concern regarding specific orders, the best thing to do would be to speak to customer service about any specific orders.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation