Reply
Epic Genius
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎06-07-2012
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017

Well if they list Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra moon at the proper price this year then I think Best buy will offically win this years E3 for me.

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Luminary
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎12-07-2015
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017


Gold_guardian wrote:

Well if they list Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra moon at the proper price this year then I think Best buy will offically win this years E3 for me.


@Gold_guardian

 

Assuming what happened last year, be prepared to save $2.  The placeholder price was $59.99 and 20% off is $47.99

 

With points.  You paid $49.99, got back 1225 points = $15.31

Legendary Epic Genius
Posts: 456
Registered: ‎04-06-2015

Re: E3 2017

[ Edited ]

It's alright @apt4893 you prove your "point" that the point system could have given us more for our money. Smiley Happy . but maybe in the end less people ended up pre-ordering at BestBuy because of that. 

 

At least know, we get a discount equivalent to the *retailer* Online site without having to pay a yearly fee. 

Epic Genius
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎06-07-2012
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017

[ Edited ]

Well @apt4893 if they are going to use an inflated placeholder price that well all know that the games will never actually ever be sold at in order to cheat us on actually getting a proper 20% off  then they can shove it

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Luminary
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎12-07-2015
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017


Gold_guardian wrote:

Well @apt4893 if they are going to use an inflated placeholder price that well all know that the games will never actually ever be sold at in order to cheat us on actually getting a proper 20% off  then they can shove it


Well if you want proof, look up when Captain Toad dropped from full price to $45 or the entire Twilight Princess HD fiasco where they refused to apply it on the lower price (since the discount is auto applied at checkout).  so... I hope more people preorder because this is "better"?

Luminary
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎12-07-2015
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017


YannickG wrote:

It's alright @apt4893 you prove your "point" that the point system could have given us more for our money. Smiley Happy . but maybe in the end less people ended up pre-ordering at BestBuy because of that. 

 

At least know, we get a discount equivalent to the *retailer* Online site without having to pay a yearly fee. 


I appreciate the kind sentiments.  I think I got a bit too worked up about something that is out of my control.  Let's see how this year goes first.

Epic Genius
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎06-07-2012
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017

@apt4893 Yeah I remember when all that happened but I also seem to recall they said they had fixed those type of issues the last time they had a precentage based discount. So I guess we'll have to see how they handle it this time around

 

Luckly most games don't have that type of price change thing to worry about so it hopefully won't be too much of an issue.

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Luminary
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎12-07-2015
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017


Gold_guardian wrote:

@apt4893 Yeah I remember when all that happened but I also seem to recall they said they had fixed those type of issues the last time they had a precentage based discount. So I guess we'll have to see how they handle it this time around

 

Luckly most games don't have that type of price change thing to worry about so it hopefully won't be too much of an issue.


 

It only happened after much arguement.  So don't think it will be easy.

 

Most games aren't even announced LOL.  Paper Mario Wii U was put up at $90, Ever Oasis at $60, Pokemon S/M at $60, Mario Party Star Rush at $60 etc all last year.

Epic Genius
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎06-07-2012
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017

Well not being easy would be pair for the course.  I had to fight tooth and nail to get my proper 20% off discount on Sun and Moon and If I have to do that again for Ultra then I will.

 

 

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Luminary
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎12-07-2015
0 Kudos

Re: E3 2017

So the flyer is out there if you look on some other sites.  Can't share though because of rules.

 

Even worse is rest of year no extra promos.  I mean you might all dislike the points but how could you complain 10x points until end of the year was a bad thing (considering no other retailer extended their E3 promo?)