Highlighted
Pioneer
0 Kudos

HTC Vive

Is there any chance that BestBuy will sell the HTC Vive in the future or through the marketplace?
Community Manager

Re: HTC Vive

Hey @Gumbo.

Best Buy Canada is working toward carrying the HTV Vive, but for now, there is no confirmed ETA. 

I'll post some news once I'm notified of any changes. Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi @Gumbo Smiley HappyWelcome to the Best Buy Plug-in Forum. That HTC Vive looks cool Heart.., but the price is a bit prohibitive for meSmiley Frustrated

What features do you like about it, as opposed to other VR makes?

Pioneer

Although the differences are small I prefer two thing of the Vive over the Oculus Rift. First one is fully integrated Steam support and the second being I personally prefer the motion controllers of the Vive over the Xbox One remote. In regards to the PS VR unit is that positional tracking is something that I care about and right now it is in beta for that feature. Most of my reasoning is very minimal but if I am going to put 1000$ into hardware, I want it to be worth it for myself
Pioneer

Also the shorter cord on the PS VR is a real negative
Legendary Oracle

Those are good points @Gumbo, especially the short cord on the PS VR, I agree that it would be a factor for many people.

The other points you made are also valid and good to know about, when making comparison shopping.

I really hope to see this product available at Best Buy soon, it just might change my budget restrictions.., after a test drive ;-)

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I am ready to buy 3 for my business if these were carried in best buy.

S.