The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch Game Prices Are Anti-Consumer - Explanation is Needed

Actually I think the 20% discount will apply to the new price when it changes.
The Captain
0 Kudos

I know the other Big blue store did preorders before E3 for $49.99, OOS now, should have hopped on that deal!

The Captain
0 Kudos

Hey and I thought Nintendo would announce something about Virtual Console at E3... 🤣
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@newmantrophy your 20% discount should apply on the retail price at launch. So the price displayed doesn't really matter. 

The Captain
0 Kudos

Should is not a Guarantee

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Past experiences proove me that the 20% was always applied on the price at launch, so I have no reason to doubt.  Now it's up to you to decide if you're willing to take the chance to save 20% or nothing at all

Luminary
0 Kudos

YannickG wrote:

Past experiences proove me that the 20% was always applied on the price at launch, so I have no reason to doubt.  Now it's up to you to decide if you're willing to take the chance to save 20% or nothing at all

Captain Toad and Kirby Rainbow Curse were on their placeholder prices NOT the lower price of $45.

Luminary
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence Can you please confirm? Don't want to miss out.
Community Manager
0 Kudos

YannickG wrote:

@newmantrophy your 20% discount should apply on the retail price at launch. So the price displayed doesn't really matter. 

@YannickG is correct. The 20% discount via the E3 promo code will apply to whatever the retail price ends up being.

For example, if one uses their 20% discount code and pre-orders something with a current placeholder price of $99.99, but the product's final retail price ends up being $79.99 at launch, then that person would get 20% off the $79.99 price.

I have no information whatsoever about pricing, so I cannot speak to that, but the E3 20% discount promo code will apply to whatever the retail price ends up being.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@apt4893 I would like to confirm but unfortunately I can't since back in the day I was pre-ordering at FutureShop. But i've checked all my pre-orders since then and ALL of them have the MSRP - 20% off