Scout
0 Kudos

Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Delivery

Hello,

I was one of the lucky people who managed to pre-order the Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild.

The only thing is that it is very important for me that the package arrive on march 3rd, for different reasons.

I live in Québec City, how are the chances that it will arrive on time, and not the monday after?

Thanks!

Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Delivery

No one here can say for sure. It depends on when Best Buy gets their stock and when they get it shipped out, sometimes they don't even get the stock until a day or 2 before release.

I wouldnt hold your breath though if you're expecting to get it on release day

Scout
0 Kudos

I was wondering how it has been for other console releases (PS4, XBOX ONE) when shipped to Québec City.
The Captain

Yeah I'm expecting to not get mine on release day, thinking it'll arrive the week after. But who knows I might be pleasantly surprised. Getting into the mindset that it'll be late. So I'm not disappointed it doesn't arrive on march 3rd
The Oracle
0 Kudos

I got my PS4 on release day and it was released on a Friday. I live like about 1 1/2 hours from the Mississauga warehouse. But only time will tell and depends on how far you live from a warehouse. I have had things ship from BC warehouse for some stupid reason and that takes a week to get.
The Captain

its hard  to say for sure when it will arive for anybody since when it comes to shipping so many different factors can end up causing issues, When Bestbuy gets the consoles from nintendo, Weather, Quality of local serive, Distance from warehouse,

Legendary Epic Genius

Untitledship.jpg

As someone said before, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one... Here's one example of something I bought before the holidays, in the middle of the week. 

Order was placed on Tuesday December 20th, shipped the next day (21st) and reached Quebec city on the 22nd/23rd... and these are all normal week days... I don't live in Quebec City so there was another step that you're not seeing but I got my item on December 28th. (I'd say it makes sense considering it was Christmas time). 

So if you manage to get your Nintendo Switch on release day, that would be nice, but I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up. 

Luminary
0 Kudos

what a **bleep**ty example

yeah Dude... you ordered a console 4 days before Christmas.

Canada Post cuts off their shipping guarantees after December 13 every year if you hope to receive anything in time for Xmas.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

What kind of answer is that. My point was just to show some delay example with shipping in the province of Quebec. Its not about guarantees.

I never hoped to get it for xmas, and wasn't even complaining about it. I'm just saying that if someone is expecting a delivery on release day, they have good chances of being disappointed.
Blogger

It's not likely you'll get the Switch on March 3 if you're pre-ordered online.

My PS4 arrived after launch, and since the Switch is released on a Friday, expect it Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

You could always try to get one at a store on release date if you REALLY want to play it over the weekend.  Otherwise, just be thankful you have one reserved for you and try to wait patiently to get it next week.