The Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Delivery

My PS4 showed up release day and that was a Friday. It got shipped out the day before release day. But bestbuy usually says they don't ship till release day but other company's do say before or day of and get it release day.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I think if you got your PS4 or movie on release day in the past, you just got lucky.  Best Buy is no different from any of the other retailers.  Other retailers are not running under different rules and are not technically allowed to break street date.  If they choose to take the risk, that is their policy but I don't think any retailer will advertise or guarantee that.

The Oracle
0 Kudos

I have had many items weather it's games or movies from all 3 stores get shipped very late Sunday/Monday and either receive them release day or the next day. I'm sure they say they can't release them till the street date but I think it's more for the customers to receive them due to making sure we get them on release day or a few days later. Friday release dates I have always got them but only had 1 not show up due to bestbuy not receiving Gears 4 Ultimate Edition on time. This is just my experience and the retailer that uses Purolator your pretty much guaranteed release day as they process faster then Canada Post due to there volume of packages
The Captain
0 Kudos

^ Except of course when the lockdown scare was on, and Purolator scooped up all of CP's big contracts. That was an interesting era, and it's going to come again in about a year and a half.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Nintendo Switch online pre-order still not shipped

Hey. I preordered my Switch in February. I checked order status on release day for shipment information and stated I'd get it "delivered" (Nice use of past tense, by the way. What if it doesn't?) by March 8th. No problem. Perhaps it'd be shipped sooner.

Lo and behold, It's March 8th. It STILL did not get shipped/delivered. I contacted Customer Service and all they did for me was read what I already knew. I got price adjustments and delays on past video game pre-orders (they seriously thought Pokemon Moon was 67 bucks. Unbelievable) so I thought I had learned by now that online ordering is a complete mess. Well, pre-ordering a Nintendo Switch is the last thing I'm getting from Bestbuy.ca.

I know I'm not alone. The Nintendo Switch Pre-order, 100+ page count thread is proof of that. I'd like some answers, please. What is going on?

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch online pre-order still not shipped

Well I've had an interesting experience... apparently Canada Post stole my Nintendo Switch. They wont admit it but tracking information shows its enroute to Sender... even though theres no delivery scans of it arriving and they initate this before they even attempted delivery.

I will be in contact with Best Buy, Canada Post, and possibly the police.

.... Something isnt adding up. This whole preorder nonesense is a waste of time. Thanks for NOTHING Best Buy.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @Orthos.

If you need me to escalate what you have described, please send me a private message with your order number and contact info. Sorry to hear you don't have your delivery yet.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @disgruntleshopr.

If you need me to escalate your customer service issue, just send me a private message with your specific order number and contact info. Sorry to hear you're still waiting.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Community Manager

Hey @disgruntleshopr.

Sorry to read about your experience.

If you read my post above, I was offering to escalate your issue to customer service so someone can reach out to you regarding what you described.

If you still would like me to escalate this, please send me a private message with your contact info and order number. I won't proceed until I receive your private message. Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator