Scout

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

[ Edited ]

Exactly . I was logged into my BB account, everything set to go @11:45. Had 2 tabs open and refreshed the page none stop at noon till i saw that the yellow pre-order button was a go...and bingo bango that's how its done.
Basically that's how i always do it, never had a problem yet. Gotta be quick though. Fair and square.

Luminary

@YannickG
I logged in an hour early to double check that my card was set up and my shipping address was correct, then made sure to have both SKU pages open and waiting before 12pm, so I was definitely prepared a draft easily managed to get a pre-order...

But the system is still outdated and needs replacing. There are easily implemented solutions to any of the issues you brought up, including real people purposely trolling the system to "reserve" a purchase without intending to complete it.

Either way, doesn't matter to me - I got one because I was prepared. I could have managed a second one and shipped it elsewhere, as they weren't sold out yet, but I didn't bother.
Legendary Epic Genius

@ehwhatever and there are workarounds for any systems you might implement to prevent such trolling. If you do work in IT you know that. However, being able to place an order with a valid credit card, even if not impossible, makes it just one step harder or more complicated.

We could debate on all of this forever probably but it's kind of "fast" to shout that the system is outdated only because putting in your basket doesn't actually reserve it. It might not have anything to do with the age of the online commerce platform and everything to do with how they wish to do business.
Luminary
0 Kudos

And to that my response is "eh, whatever."
Luminary
0 Kudos

Forgive my paranoia...but I've got an order number and an email. I'm good to go right?

I'd like to cancel my other preorder so I can at least earn Best Buy points.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

If it shows in your orders history and you've got an email, pretty sure it's safe now Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Some people saw some units available this morning but were never able to pre-order. Any ideas if there's gonna be another round of pre-order? 

Community Manager
0 Kudos

I haven't heard anything yet about another round of pre-orders,  but I'll stay on top of it and post an update if I hear something.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
The Oracle
0 Kudos

If you live in Newmarket a games store there is still taking preorders for both versions and a midnight launch
The Captain
0 Kudos

I was able to pre-order at around 11:45 am yesterday on February 20th. 

My status says that it's in progress and I received and email saying my order has been received.

Does this mean I'm safe? Will I receive my Nintendo Switch around March 3rd?