The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

Would love for the news to hear about this, I took time off work for this.
The Captain

You people are all babies
I'm really enjoying all of your misery. If I was anyone from best buy id not acknowledge any of you unreasonable people.

You havw zero idea how the system works and even less about the postal service.

Still waiting for my switch on March 6th.
The Captain

[ Edited ]

The Captain
0 Kudos

KMeads wrote:
...And now a bunch of us start receiving our tracking information from Canada Post which tells us the units were JUST PICKED UP tonight - March 3rd.
Mine says delivery March 9th. March 9th!!!!...
I am in Calgary and have the same thing...March 9th for the console and March 8th for Zelda?  For expedited service, that seems unbelievably slow and unacceptable.  March 7th should be the delivery standard at least, especially considering the shipping window guidelines BestBuy provides.  
Luminary
0 Kudos

Ahh autocorrect changed postie to posture
Highlighted
Luminary
0 Kudos

Mine was shipped Thursday and Canada Post has the delivery set for Wednesday.   6 days from Mississauga to Winnipeg.  This is their standard now.  It's been like this for a couple of years.  It use to be three days from Mississauga.  Sadly, Canada Post is no rush to deliver their packages.    Guess I should be grateful it's not going to take longer with the increase of packages due to the Switch orders.

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

@Edgepkp

I know exactly how the system works because i've done shipping/receiving for a different company and used Canada Post/Purolator/DHL-Loomis on a daily basis. If a constumer is told they're going to get a product on a certain day, pays a decent sum of money (Switch + 1 game = $500+) it's not unreasonable to be frustrated when it doesn't arrive on time and you have to wait potentially 4+ days after release.

Unless Best Buys managements gives us a valid reason for the delay it's their fault for not shipping the systems/games out on Thursday to the prairies so they'd be there for Friday. They're not low on stock or anything like that, they just weren't ready and had to rush to get them ready for Friday night which is odd considering the system sold out in hours so it should have been noted weeks before to have the product ready to go.

The Captain

Calling people babies doesn't make you sound as mature as you think. This isn't about whiners and shiners, its about expectations management. Here you have the early adopter crowd. We are all willing to pay a premium to be some of the first to receive a new product. Best buy was one of the few companies that solicited pre-orders. The expectation is that by pre-ordering, we get the luxury of not dealing with having to line up before the store opens an will get our product on (or at least very near) release date. Most of us would have gladly been in that line, but we were told we didn't have to.

I ordered my console on the 12th of Jan, like many people here. It still has not left the warehouse and I still do not have an expected delivery date. Clearly there is a breakdown somewhere.

I am generally OK with people making mistakes. Be honest, courteous, and own up to it; and odds are really high that I will forgive and forget. When you call in to customer service and are assured you will receive your product on a certain date, and six hours later find out that it has not yet left a warehouse 1200 km away; you get a little frustrated.

In this day and age when bricks and mortar stores struggle to maintain relevance, angering and alienating some of your most regular customers is not a way to succeed. Lying to them, so they can't cancel an order in time to go somewhere else assures they will not choose you first in the future. Losing the early adopter crowd would be a huge loss to a company like best buy. If all they want is to sell toasters to our grandparents, they are well on their way.
Legendary Epic Genius

If what you say is true, then the early adopter crowd need to review their expectations and get real. There's no way buying online will match the experience of going to a store and actually grabbing a unit. Adding "shipping" to the equation will surely automatically involves uncontrollable risks of delays in delivery. This is applicable to the 3 majors selling onlinein Canada. So people need to stop blaming BBYC for everything.

I'm not saying BBYC have nothing to improve in the process. The famous sentence "Delivered as early as March 3rd" is clearly interpreted differently by many and this interpretation sets wrong expectations. Maybe this could be reviewed. However, i'm sure most people have never seen the Free Delivery Shipping Information page that clearly states the delivery to a lot of major cities take more than 1 day to reach destination. A lot of people simply assumed that they SHOULD have received the unit on launch day, thinking buying online should be as convenient than going to the store. Unfortunately, that's not how things work. Instead of assuming, people should get informed prior to purchase.

If people are not happy and don't want to do business with BBYC anymore, that's up to them but BBYC is one of the only companies that has a forum like that allowing discussions, providing useful informations about pre-orders and product availability. That shouldn't be neglected.
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

The expectation would be that they would ship early since they were sitting in the warehouse. I have ordered consoles before that arrived on release date because they were shipped staggered so that people in different areas would get them on time. If they would have made it much more clear that it takes 5 days to ship from richmond to calgary, many would  have likely bought a switch elsewhere. If I would have known mine wouldn't ship until Friday evening, I would have bought through other retailers which which would arrive Monday.