Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

[ Edited ]

Hey @Ice69ca

I don't know dude. Whatever I post is what I'm told. I will post announcements on the announcement thread.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer

Ok thanks again...all good that you are passing along the information you get and it's appreciated. The wording just leads to some confusion as to when the shipments will actually start to have a realistic chance at having the console on release day. People are obviously frustrated seeing that Best Buy USA has been shipping units for 2 days. Whether it arrives or not though the world will keep spinning

Thanks again for the information and I'll keep an eye on the announcement thread
The Captain

A bit disappointing for those of us way in the east coast, but the updates are much appreciated.

The Captain

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Shipping Date

Amen Brother! what a joke of a company BB is. No wonder they are not surviving!
Pioneer
0 Kudos

If I live about 2 hours from the Mississauga warehouse do you suppose I could recieve my Switch on Friday? I live in a sort of small town about 40 minutes from London, just wondering how likely a launch day delivery is for someone in this range. Thanks for all the info you are providing!

Scout
0 Kudos

Anyone else not able to see their order status atm atm?

The Captain
0 Kudos

It's happening for all orders, not just Switch-related. I tried opening a laptop order from last year and it wouldn't load

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

yup! this is what I get

the following errors occurred:

• We are currently unable to retrieve your order. Please try again later. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service. (0141
Legendary Epic Genius

You guys are hilarious.

Best Buy says right off the bat that deliveries are not guaranteed to arrive on release day, yet everyone expect them to do so, and then berate them when you don't see your credit cards charged two days before release date.

BB is doing exactly what they said they would do, and some people are threatening to leave.

It's like going into McDonald's, ordering a Big Mac and complaining that it isn't a Whopper.

I'm glad I'm not a Nintendo gamer because you guys are giving them a bad name.

The Captain
0 Kudos

They screwed me with the launch of WoW: Legion. That is the kind of game that does not matter if you get it early because you cannot play it until the server goes live anyway. Blizzard also officially released the physical copies a day or two earlier for this reason so that people could buy it in store or get it shipped prior to the server activating and have your account ready. Even though previous expansions arrived 2 days before their launch, Legion did not arrive until 5 days after launch, which is annoying as it was important to be ready to go as soon as servers went live. I had to buy the game in-store at full price to have it at launch, then return the shipped copy using my in-store receipt to maintain the discount. I will never pre-order an mmo expansion from best buy again because their shipping is complete **bleep**. But for the Switch which I am gonna sell anyway I don't really care when it comes in. I won't even be home Friday so I wouldn't get my hands on it until Sunday the earliest.

Long story short, don't expect this to come in on Friday. Chances are it won't ship until Monday because Best Buy is a greed machine and always chooses the cheapest and least reliable option for shipping. But they had a pre-order for a switch for me which will make me a few hundred bucks so I can't say I am complaining. Plus I don't need my switch in-hand prior to making an **competitor** auction anyway, as it will arrive well before the listing ends.