Pioneer

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

Slightly positive news, items shipped are in transit and delivery date has been shifted to Tuesday now. The initial delivery dates you were given with the tracking may be an overshoot. Here's to hope for Monday, but at least to me, Tuesday is okay!
The Captain

YannickG wrote:
If what you say is true, then the early adopter crowd need to review their expectations and get real. There's no way buying online will match the experience of going to a store and actually grabbing a unit. Adding "shipping" to the equation will surely automatically involves uncontrollable risks of delays in delivery. This is applicable to the 3 majors selling onlinein Canada. So people need to stop blaming BBYC for everything.

Expectations are not created out of nothing, they have a basis in facts and prior experience.

1) The Best Buy web site indicated that the console could be delivered "As early as March 3".

2) Prior experiences, both with BestBuy and with other online retailers, has shown me that the online retailer will ship the package prior to the release date so that it arrives on the release date.

3) Based on numerous experiences throughout my life "first come first served".  When I'm waiting in line at a theatre they don't ask me if I'm buying popcorn and then let me jump the line.  People are, for the most part, served in the order that they arrive.

Based upon Best Buys comments "as early as March 3" it is reasonable for someone to assume that their parcel would be shipped prior to March 3rd and that it would then be up to Canada Post to deliver the package.  It would also be reasonable to assume that those who ordered first would receive precedent over those who ordered later.

None of this occurred.  Best Buy continued to foster the belief that I would receive it on March 3rd as late as ... March 3rd.  I checked in the morning and it had a statement that the parcel would arrive on March 3rd.  Only once it had actually been "shipped" (in reality a shipping label had been created) did that date update.

BestBuy had advance notice of the scale of the issue that they faced.  They knew how many consoles they had pre-sold.  They should have had a pretty good guess as to how long it was going to take to package up and ship that many parcels. 

And yet, throughout this entire process there has been relative silence from BestBuy with regard to the problems that they have had meeting customer expectations.  I can handle delays.  I understand delays.  What I can't understand is the lack of information coming from Best Buy.  If someone from Best Buy came out and said "Hey, we goofed.  We screwed up on how long it would take to ship things even though we had all the data.  Sorry".  Or even "The consoles didn't arrive from Nintendo until Wednesday and there was no way to get them into your hands by Friday.  Sorry".

But there has been no word.  There has been no apology.  And that, my friend, is what people are most upset about.  Best Buy needs to understand that getting people angry and frustrated is not the way to run a business.  Just come out and apologize before people take it to the media because if it reaches that point you might as well drop a few percentage points off your stock price because it's going to hurt.  Bad publicity, when there are other options available, is not a good thing.

for my personal update:

Console:

2017-03-03 18:52 Picked up by Canada Post

2017-03-03 21:52 Item Processed

2017-03-03 23:43 Item departed

Breath of the Wild

2017-03-03 18:52 Picked up by Canada Post

2017-03-03 20"28 Item Processed

So the Console left Richmond B.C. last night but the game is still waiting there.

The Captain

You can't imply that bb is free of blame in this situation. Companies bit larger and smaller have been able to meet these expectations. Pre-ordering with shipping is not a new business. If you cannot handle the workload, there are third parties out there that can do of for you. This is not a complicated business.

And again, the heart of the frustration is how they are dealing with it. That doesn't take manpower or great expense, just a simple attempt at empathy coupled with even mediocre communication. If you want to behave like a faceless megacorp, then learn to deliver like they do. If you want to pretend to be the little guy with a storefront, then behave like you care.
The Captain
0 Kudos

Not all of my items have charged and shipped yet. others are set to arrive monday.
The Captain
0 Kudos

I will never buy anything from WorstBuy again.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Yes you freakin' will. It's the biggest tech store on the continent. Maybe you won't preorder anything from them again, but to boycott them over a shipping snafu is petty and unrealistic.

Luminary
0 Kudos

For me the big issue is how later orders shipped or processed before early orders. It should be first come first serve

If I had waited outside bestbuy they wouldn't randomly pick from the line who got to purchase why is online different?

And as far as expectations I have pre ordered the PS4 Xbox one ps be and new 3ds all online from Best Buy and received on time each time this tells me somewhere something got messed up with this
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey!

It's great to read that some of you have gotten your deliveries. I know some of you have not; hang on tight. Thanks for your patience. There won't be any news to report over the weekend.

Announcements will only be posted on the announcement thread so they don't get lost in the shuffle of the pages of the discussion thread.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

With all due respect, a lot of people are more annoyed at the lack of explanation, than by the fact that they don't have their shipments. Is it possible to get anything more than "just wait"? Even a "this is a big job with a lot of people waiting" would go a long way.
Pioneer
0 Kudos

When I first pre-ordered it said "As early as March 3rd" but a couple days ago it changed to "Delivered by March 3rd". When a seller says my order will arrive on a certain day, I expect it to arrive on that day. I don't think it's unfair to complain about a reseller's mistakes when they won't give a reason as to why so many people's orders were delayed.