Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Playstation VR Is Coming Soon!

[ Edited ]

We've seen it in movies and TV shows for years, I've always thought it would be cool to get my hands on and now virtual reality can be in our hands by the end of the year!

Sony has officially unveiled PlayStation VR, their revolutionary new virtual reality device coming to PlayStation 4 this October. @PaulH has the scoop and takes a closer look at the future of gaming in this great article. 

original.jpg

It looks like some of the games that you can play in this VR world include:

• Final Fantasy XIV Online - Square Enix’s popular massively multiplayer online Final Fantasy title will be updated with VR compatibility.
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - From Supermassive Games, plunge into a terrifying rollercoaster ride with arcade-style shooting mechanics.
  • Tekken 7 - The latest entry in Bandai Namco's venerable fighting game series.
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League - Enter futuristic sports arenas for intense, mechanized multiplayer combat
  • Eve Valkyrie - Form your own clan of outlaws, explore uncharted space, and engage in intense 360-degree aerial dogfights.
  • Robinson: The Journey - Crytek latest visual tour de force will transport you to a living, breathing prehistoric world filled with lush foliage, and beasts that range from harmless herbivores to gigantic apex predators.

What do you think!? Are you looking forward to a VR world? 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Playstation Virtual Reality Is Coming Soon!

when are you putting it up for pre-order? can't wait to see our price lol. probably $550?
Luminary
0 Kudos

I'd love to buy this, but at $549 it's either this or Nintendo NX. 

I really want to buy it for a few games but the Canadian price scares me because of just how failed sony's old accesories were.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I'm not really sure if I want to spend more on Playstation VR then the whole system and 4 years of playstation plus.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I'm in for one for each of my PS4s.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Playstation VR Is Coming Soon!

Over $500 before tax is a giant big "NOPE" for me.

I mean year I'd love to basically do this

But lets face it, the games just aren't their yet to justify that price point.  Once we get something like "the world" from .hack then we'll talk

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Luminary
0 Kudos

I must say that I am tempted. However (not counting the fact that I don't have money for this AND a new graphics card & Surface Pro) I think I'll wait to see what happens with the whole VR thing... So far we have the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and PSVR. From a cost perspective the PSVR seems to be the most financially viable (even counting the fact that I'd have to buy a PS4 in order to get it) and that makes it very tempting. However being an early adopter for this isn't a great idea IMO

Legendary Oracle

I recently watched a news video on how VR kits were handed to sick children, to help aleviate the constant pain they are experiencing. To see these children suddenly forget their pain, as they were immersed in a virtual world, was heartwarming.

It got me thinking of how powerful our brain is, to be able to let us forget our pain when we see and experience pleasure.

I would love to see this technology applied more frequently in Hospitals, it works ! Who knows it may even replace anesthesia .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIgxRhz6lmM

Although this is not the video I saw, the result is similar.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Noi
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Srsly! Is this happening already?!? My F5 key is taking a beating
Pioneer
0 Kudos

When will the preorder be avaliable?  It sold out instantly on the **competitor**.uk presale....  I have my card in hand ready to go!