Highlighted
Community Manager

Playstation VR - Midnight Release

[ Edited ]

PSVR_header.jpg

Good things come for those who wait … well you’ve waited long enough! We’re opening two of our stores early so you can get your hands on the new Sony Playstation VR and if you’re in Toronto or Vancouver, you’re invited to come down and join us! We’ll have Playstation VR demo stations set up for you to try it out, prizes to be won and of course your chance to purchase your very own Playstation VR headset before anyone else!

We will have limited quantities available at our Toronto - Bay & Dundas Best Buy and Vancouver’s Granville & Robson. But because we don’t love one city more than the other, we’re opening our stores at the same time!

Toronto will open Wednesday, October 12th at 11:59pm (EST)

Vancouver will open Wednesday, October 12th at 9pm (PST).

Line up at both stores will begin at 8pm local time. Please note there is a limit of one Playstation VR set per customer/ticket. Each customer lining up will receive a ticket. We'll have a matching number of tickets to available inventory.

BestBuy_PSVR_Core_Toronto_Release.jpg

BestBuy_PSVR_Core_Vancouver.jpg

ONLINE RELEASE

Not in the Toronto or Vancouver area? No problem, we have you covered too … we’ll have a very limited amount of Playstation VR’s available to purchase HERE beginning at approx. 12:01AM PST on Thursday, October 13th (sorry east coasters, we know that is early in the wee hours of the morning for you guys). There will be a limit of one unit per household.

PSVR_Footer.jpg

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary

Re: Playstation VR - Midnight Release

Awesome!! Looking forward to it.
=================
If you like the comment please KUDO!
The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Wait a minute... You guys are not making the West Coast wait officially local time for their launch at the stores but are screwing the East coast online?  **bleep**?  What moron in the marketing department made that epic failure move?  If BB is starting selling on the West Coast 9 p.m. PST then why the hell not with the online sales?

Mutiple face palms required.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

No love for Calgary? I promise we want it just as bad as Vancouver and Toronto do!

Any idea when preorders will ship? Your faq says preorders leave launch day, which means they won't arrive until the following week. If that's the case I'll probably wait overnight and return my preorder.
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

How do you deal with who gets a set during the launch event? Do you have to be first in line? Is there going to be a lottery?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi @FrankWilliams,

Welcome to Plug-in Smiley Happy

Thank you for asking, that is a great question to post here.

The line up will begin at each location at 8pm (local time) and product availability will be on a first come, first served basis while quanities last. Customers lining up will be given a ticket, we will have as many tickets as inventory. There is a limit of one Playstation VR set per customer/ticket. We'll have signage, info and staff onsite to assist and help answer any questions you might have at each location as well. 

I hope this helps.

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

For the ones that pre-order it online at 12:01 am PST, will they still recieve their ps vr on the 13th or will it be delayed? Thanks

Scout
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello;

I have the same question has the prior user, i have ordered mine the first time that it got announce on the BB website and i was wondering since i pre-ordered my product, will i get it by mail on the 13th of October, or will it be shipped out on the 13th and will get it the following days.

Will find it sad that i will loose a few days by pre-ordering the first day of announcement. My payment has been already been taken for the item, i would assume i would get it the same day of release.

Would really like to have some clarification on that matter.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @SahanWijesinghe & @plap4ever86,

Welcome to Plug-in! Smiley Happy

These are great questions and I'm hoping I'm able to help out here. 

@SahanWijesinghe - Pre-orders made this week when product becomes available online will be shipped out as soon as possible, depending on where you live is when you could expect to receive your order. We'll do our best to communicate shipping times when you place your order.

@plap4ever86 - You should see an update to your account very soon if you haven't already. We have a plan to make sure these arrive to customers as close to street date as possible without breaking street date of course. Our hope is everyone has theirs on the 13th. 

I hope this helps answer your questions, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Scout

Thank you for the quick reply;

A few minutes ago i got a notice by e-mail mentioning that it has been getting prepared to be shipped out by Canada post. So i enjoy the kind gesture of trying to meet the 13th release date. I know its hard to not break the release rule, and it is really appreciated.

Have a nice day.