Highlighted
The Captain

Two Switch pre-orders (one for each SKU), will one get canceled due to household limit?

[ Edited ]

So I ordered the bundle with the grey joy-cons first, but I really wanted the red and blue.  I managed to pre-order the red and blue bundle a few days later.  I was going to keep both so that a colleague could have one (he missed the preorder).  What I'm concerned about is the household limit.  I don't want to promise him one of my pre-orders if I'm going to get an email in a few weeks saying "Due to the household limit for the Switch console, one of your pre-orders has been canceled".  I'm not trying to make any money off of my additional pre-order, just wanting to spread the Nintendo joy to my friend (it's for his kids actually).   Can any of you lovely BBY employees verify whether this might occur?  Or does the household limit only get enforced per SKU?

Thanks!  The BBY forum staff are the best!  I've picked up several special editions over the years thanks to your timely posts!

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Two Switch pre-orders (one for each SKU), will one get canceled due to household limit?

By experience, the answer is no it will not be cancelled. Technically, the household limit is per SKU and not per "system type".

And even for the same SKU, you can manage to buy multiple systems with the same SKU but with different payment methods. 

Community Manager

Re: Two Switch pre-orders (one for each SKU), will one get canceled due to household limit?

Hey, @tabawawa.

Thanks for bringing that up. You actually brought up a very good scenario that could potentially be confusing because of the house hold limits. @YannickG is correct about the house hold limit being per each individual SKU.

In your scenario, your order will not get cancelled because you ordered two different SKUs Smiley Happy.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

Right on, thanks for the response.