Community Manager
0 Kudos

What Is Your Favourite Arcade Game Of All-Time?

[ Edited ]

Arcade_header.jpg

Continuing down the "Road To E3 - 2016", I thought I'd ask you what you all-time favourite arcade game is/was. Do you still go to arcades? I miss Playdium when I lived in Toronto. My buddies and I had some fun times there.

I loved the Atari Star Wars arcade game when I was a kid, I still love Crazy Taxi anytime I see that, I have to go for a spin. 

arcade_line.jpg

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Epic Genius

Re: What Is Your Favourite Arcade Game Of All-Time?

I haven't played an an arcade in a long time. The only one near me is the playdium in missasag  which was nice back in the day but has since become a giant overpriced joke

My favorite arcade game is defentily X-men. I could never find enough people to play the full team with but I played it every chance I could get as a kid. I was soooo mad when they took the cabinetes away 

"I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Canada."
Epic Genius

I had a few favourites but it's been so long now that I don't remember the names anymore.

I used to play them in the arcades on Yonge St. in Toronto all day and night in the 80's.

One of them was a baseball game. When it came to your turn at batting you would pull back the stick to swing.  

Hitting homeruns was always fun.

It wasn't called RBI but I loved that game too.

Legendary Epic Genius

I was a bartender during my time at university in a sports lounge with a huge arcade, we definitely spent a lot of time drinking and playing games after work. This was in the early 2000's though, and we didn't have any of the classic golden age cabinets a lot of us grew up on. The most popular games at the time were Initial D, DDR, Marvel vs. Capcom, and the like.

Luckily today I get my arcade fix in my own living room with the MAME cab I built Smiley Happy

image1.JPG

I'd have to say though that my all time favourite is probably Bubble Bobble.

AB110.jpg

photo signature-member_zps0ovpnde8.jpg

Legendary Luminary

Definitly 100% the simpsons arcade game, as someone who grew up in a small town they didn't have anything like an arcade game near me. So when my family went on vacation to our time share just ouside of banff my brother an I spend I don't even know how many hours and quarters playing with each other.
Legendary Oracle

[ Edited ]

I have to say that I had the most fun on Pinball machines, the more complex the better the fun. I can't recall the name of the one that suddenly release 5 extra balls, but those were the best, I recall cracking the glass on one occasion. oopsy Smiley Embarassed

Epic Genius

Yeah I liked the later pinball games as well especially the ones based on movies.

Loved Jurassic Park and Last Action Hero (both from the summer of 1993)

I believe they both had the 5 balls at once feature.  Last Action Hero might have actually had 6 at once.

There were others like that as well.

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

Pinball was the best as a kid, because you always had a chance to match at the end and win a free play! So many great machines came from licensed properties, but I think my favourite of all time was an original concept machine called "Riverboat Gambler", probably because it had a gambling wheel built into the game with a chance to win free balls, iirc.

photo signature-member_zps0ovpnde8.jpg