The Captain
0 Kudos

False advertising

[ Edited ]

I WENT TO BUY A GAME FOR PS4 KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8. THEY HAD THE KINGDOM LIMITED BOX FOR 65.99. TOOK IT TO THE FRONT THEY SAID THEY DONT HAVE IT SO THATS FALSE ADVERTISING. SO I SAID I'LL TAKE THE REGUALAR ONE AND IT SCANNED AT 79.99  YOUR WEB SITE HAS IT FOR 65.99. THEN I TOLD THEM I WANT SCANNING CODE OF PRACTICE AND THEY DID NOT GIVE IT TO ME. THE MORE AND MORE I GO THERE THE LESS I EVER WANT TO BUY ANYTHING BECUASE IT IS NEVER THERE. FULL OF FALSE ADVERTISING.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: False advertising

[ Edited ]

If the website showed a cheaper price you can just price match it,  Scanning code of practice is an optional policy, it also only applies to when the price on the shelf is different than what it scans at and you only get it free if its under $10, it doesnt apply to website price.

The box being on the shelf doesn't make it false advertising, it just means its out of stock, and just someone forgot to remove it from the shelf

The Captain
0 Kudos

The shelf had the price tagged at S65.99 for that product with 7 cases.

If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item (an item with a barcode that doesn’t have a price tag stuck to it) is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum. When the item has a price tag, the lowest price applies. When identical items are incorrectly priced, the second one will be sold at the correct price.

thumbnail_IMG_0955[1].jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

And if you are advertising something for sale and don't have it its called false advertising.

0 Kudos

In that case you would receive the item for the shelf price, but again scanning practice code is optional.

Something for sale that isnt there is called out of stock not false advertising, but I guess thats open to interpretation

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Then they should of removed the cases if out of stock. Would that not be true. When **competitor** is out of stock they will remove all the cases. Not a hard thing to do.

0 Kudos

It would maybe be a good idea, however its it really worth the time of removing the cases if more games are coming very soon? 

The Captain
0 Kudos

They told me they were not ordering any more and they are discontinued. I see that all you can do is come up with anything to hide the truth about not honouring what is happening.

If they are not ording any then they should be removed from the shelf, did you give your concerns to the mananger.

I am not really sure what you are trying to get honoured? If the price on the shelf said a lower price it would have only taken a second to show the agent the shelf and they would have corrected the price

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm saying if they don't have it remove it from shelf. This happened on another time and the manager told me that it not them but corporate makes them keep it on the shelf even if they do not have it. Also something to do with sony if thats true.

YOU AN EMPLOYEE OF BEST BUY SHOULD HAVE THIS EVALUATED.