Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition "4-day early access"

How will I be receiving my "4-day early access"? Are you shipping the game to me a week in advance? emailing a code?

It states in the Overview for the Ultimate Edition that customers get "4-day early access".

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition "4-day early access"

The release date of the physical version of the Ultimate Edition is February 17, so that's the day it should show up on store shelves and be shipped for as well.

The caveat of course is that, as always with online pre-orders, there isn't a 100% guarantee that your pre-order will arrive on release day. Since the Ultimate Edition is a Friday release, that could take a big chunk out of the "4 day early access" if your game is in the mail over the weekend.

Personally if my pre-order didn't arrive on Friday, I'd just go grab a copy in store and then return the pre-order with the in-store receipt when the online order does show up, and make sure I get my time in over the weekend. Love this series, can't wait. 

photo signature-member_zps0ovpnde8.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I don't think you understand what I am asking, the ultimate edition purchase grants users 4 days earlier than the release day access to the game via a code I assume. your website has it listed as having the 4 day early access. My question is how is BB delivering to me my 4 day early access?

I don't understand if I'm being sent a code in email or if the 4 day early access just applies to the physical copy being available 4 days early. I'm sorry for being confused.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

No, I definitely do understand what your saying. With the physical release, you won't get a code, the game just simply comes out 4 days early. Your 4 day early access is having the game in your hands on Friday, February 17th. 

The point I was making is, if your game gets stuck in the mail, then so too in essence does your "early access".

Legendary Hero of the Universe

as @debaser17 said the ultimate edition is released Feb 17th, the other editions don't come out until the 21st

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Drax86 wrote:

as @debaser17 said the ultimate edition is released Feb 17th, the other editions don't come out until the 21st

Drax said it better in one line, lol.

Maybe Microsoft could communicate this a little better in the future. They call it early access, but as far as physical releases go, it's just a different SKU that comes out for retail 4 days earlier than any other SKU 

The Captain
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you very much!