The Captain
0 Kudos

Horizon Zero Dawn preorder canceled

I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had an issue with their preorder? Earlier today I received this email.

Thanks for ordering Horizon Zero Dawn: Collector's Edition. However, there was a glitch in the inventory system that affected some orders for this product. Our bug-hunting team managed to track it down and stomp it out of existence, but in the meantime we were forced to cancel your order.

We know you're eager to jump into the post-apocalyptic world of Horizon Zero Dawn, and we sincerely apologize for this. We'd like to make up for the inconvenience by offering you a $25 eCertificate. (This eCertificate would be a great way to get a discount on the regular edition of Horizon Zero Dawn, but you're free to spend it on whatever you like.)

I preordered on Jan. 6th. Now that it's sold out everywhere I am pretty angry at this. I could have preordered at a different competitor but I chose BestBuy.

I even have a friend whom preordered after me and she still has her preorder.

Bestbuy better make this right.
Luminary

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn preorder canceled

I (thankfully) haven't received any email like this for mine. I'm surprised you were able to place an order Jan 6th though, and your forms even later? I ordered back in July and could have sworn they sold out shortly after?
It's extra weird that they'd not cancel them in order, I don't there's much that can be done, but I'd at least bring this up to someone in CS because that's kind of ridiculous.
Luminary

I pre-ordered mine on January 3rd, 2017 and mine is still good. @R_Longshaft If they sold out in July they mustve restocked in the new year because i checked on Jan 2nd thinking should i preorder. Thought about it then got it the next day and it was still up. They did mention it was a glitch so maybe it wasnt a stocking issue and there was just something wrong with your order? That may explain why your friend still has theirs. Either way you're in no fault and that sucks. 

The Captain
0 Kudos

I did. First call was with a guy who agreed it was strange as nothing showed on my account. He questioned if it was legit or not. He said wait to see if the order gets cancelled or not and call back in then. So a few hours later it showed up actually being cancelled. So I called back. This time I talked to a woman who obviously doesn't like her job. She was no help.
"Yes sir I see it's cancelled."
"Ok can you tell me why it can you fix it?"
"No. I can see it's cancelled."
"Yes you guys cancelled it. Please uncancel it"
"Yes it was cancelled. We are unable to do anything with your order once it's cancelled."

So asked her for a supervisor.

"Sorry there is no supervisor available."
"I've worked in call centers and I know for a fact there is always someone working in case something needs to be escalated. Please get me a supervisor."

Few minutes of being on hold....

"Sorry sir but the Supervisor is in a meeting."
"Ok can I get a call back then?"
"Yes I will put you in for a call back. It will be within 24 hours."

So it has now been over 30 hours and no call.
Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey.

Sorry to hear about your wait and your coordinating with customer service. I've taken the liberty of escalating the issue you described to one of the teams in customer service. I have given them the email you have provided in your forum profile.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence Thank you. They have tried to mend the wound they caused. I am a forgiving person, I just hope this "glitch" doesn't happen again. Again, thanks for your assistance.
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

My order was cancelled too and when I called, they were pretty much like, "Well, it's cancelled, nothing we can do, thanks for  shopping with us!" 

So pissed. I ordered this for my boyfriend's birthday and he'd been looking forward to getting the collector's edition. 

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Drewcyfur wrote:
@BBYTerence Thank you. They have tried to mend the wound they caused. I am a forgiving person, I just hope this "glitch" doesn't happen again. Again, thanks for your assistance.

You're very welcome @Drewcyfur.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

JenG wrote:

My order was cancelled too and when I called, they were pretty much like, "Well, it's cancelled, nothing we can do, thanks for  shopping with us!" 

So pissed. I ordered this for my boyfriend's birthday and he'd been looking forward to getting the collector's edition. 

Hi @JenG.

Sorry to hear about pre-order. You stated that you already have been in touch with customer service, but I've also just taken the liberty of escalating what you described in your post to them (customer service) as well. I gave them the email that you provided in your forum profile. 

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

My order got cancelled with the same email on my birthday, of all days.  I didn't  escalate the issue further as I didn't know that complaining on the forum actually gets you some help.  

Well, I am not happy that my order got cancelled as well.