The Captain
0 Kudos

Nintendo Switch Midnight Opening March 3rd?

I read somewhere that Best Buy in the USA is doing this for sure and that they may be doing it here in Canada as well. If it's true, could someone provide a link to the list of Canadian stores that will be open for a midnight launch please and thanks.
Community Manager

Re: Nintendo Switch Midnight Opening March 3rd?

Hey, @angel_girl2248

I haven't heard any news about this at all. I will have to get back  to you.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

As much as I love Midnight openings; This makes no sense for the Nintendo Switch.  Unless there will me many Consoles available for purchase in store why would anyone want to lineup for a Midnight Launch to purchase games when they dont even have their consoles shipped yet?

If History is any indicator I remember not preordering the Wii & Wii U; Hence having to lineup at bestbuy on launch day (overnight/early morning) for the chance at obtaining a console which were very limited (15 or under).

Luminary
0 Kudos

Um... **competitor** are doing midnight launch for Zelda... because a) Wii U release is the same date b) you can pick up your Switch at the same time.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Will there be Nintendo Switch Consoles available in Store on Friday March 3?

I am willing to line up all night, if necessary, but want to make sure there will be a console available in the morning!

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Will there be Nintendo Switch Consoles available in Store on Friday March 3?

Hey @MatthewBrandonThompson.

There's nothing to report at this time. If there's any news regarding this, I'll update everyone here.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Will there be Nintendo Switch Consoles available in Store on Friday March 3?

[ Edited ]

@MatthewBrandonThompson

I am wondering this too, I made a thread about this because I am willing to wait in line, but have no idea if they plan to keep some consoles for people that show up on launch day and have no preorder.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey!

I have started one main thread for talks about the in-store release of Nintendo Switch.

Click through to join the discussion >

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator