Pioneer

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

[ Edited ]

@sonicp9  Wait, you're just buying it to scalp it?

Pathetic. I guess there's no shortage of **bleep**ty people in the world. If you have to scam people to make money, you must have failed pretty miserably in life.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Shots fired.

Easy there buddy.....lawl
Highlighted
Scout
0 Kudos

Not the greatest analogy, I think people are mostly upset by Best Buy saying it could be received on the 3rd of March, but now there is information coming out that it might not be shipped until that day. Not completely sure but I didn't think Best Buy did same day shipping so not sure how that would be possible.

The Captain

BestBuy US was able to ship on time and they have 10x more people to ship to.

Guess it just goes to show how incompetent BestBuy Canada is in comparison.

Luminary

@sonicp9 Did you seriously just call Best Buy a greed machine and then proceed to talk about how you're going to overcharge someone else by hundreds of dollars....like seriously....lol?

The Captain
0 Kudos

a ton of American friends of mine who have ordered via Best Buy have gotten their shipping confimations already. So I took a look at the American BB forums, and they're all confirming they've received shipping confirmation. Some are getting "receive by March 2nd" even. Looks like Canada gets the crappy end of the stick once again since Best Buy doesn't give a **bleep** about their Canadian customers. This is the last time I preorder from Best Buy unfortunately. :\
Other places seem to actually bother to deliver on time in Canada. Some of the Americans have 3 different orders all done on different days, and all of them are either "in progress" or "shipped" now.

I've ordered around 6 games in the past year from Best Buy, and all of them except for Pokemon Sapphire (picked up Moon without a preorder) game arrived late... They usually ship ON the day of release, which is super disappointing, especially since Nintendo releases are usually on a Friday. So I never usually got any of my pre-orders on time, which is super disappointing as friends who've ordered elsewhere do get theirs on the day of release... :\

Ordered on Jan 13th, and still says my order status is "In Progress". I don't got high hopes I will be seeing either the Switch or Zelda on the day of release. It really feels like Canada isn't Best Buys priority. Not gonna be a fun weekend as I gotta try my best to avoid spoilers on social media. You know how difficult that is already.

Luminary

[ Edited ]

Switch units have not begun shipping from ANY other retailer in Canada yet. So to say this is Best Buy screwing up is just wrong. Every single person in Canada is currently in the same boat regardless of where they ordered their console from. If anything the blame should be placed on Nintendo for releasing this on a Friday and shipping units to Canada last.

The Captain
0 Kudos

I've ordered over 60 games from best buy and not one game has shipped the day of launch. I've gotten every single game day one or earlier. Not sure what your talking about bud.
Luminary

Haha suckers I'll be playing my Switch at midnight today ... sucks to be u
The Captain
0 Kudos

I regret to inform that I have cancelled my Nintendo Switch pre-order with Best Buy. I am going to pick one up at a store here where I live, since there are three stores which will be carrying them at launch so I'll just arrive early. Where I live, people don't form long lines or camp out, so I will go an hour or two early and that'll suffice.

But, now I'm guaranteed to be playing Zelda tomorrow morning instead of probably sometime next week. Wish you guys the best of luck.