Scout
0 Kudos

Pickup pre-order in-store?

Hi! I am fortunate to have a pre-order in place. Two questions, please...

1. Does this mean pre-order units will ship starting on March 3rd? If so, is it 2-day shipping or slow/regular Canada Post, or ...?
  2. Can I change to "in-store pickup"? I live close to several Best Buys and I would happily just go there to pick mine up. Especially if it saves a day. Or three. Or five. :-)

Thanks for any insight! (Just 28 more sleeps until Switch is born!)

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

1) The unit will ship on March 3rd. The delay depends on many things. Some have claimed to get their stuff on the ship date. For me, it's at least 2 business days transit.

2) Online pre-orders cannot be picked up at a store.
Legendary Epic Genius

1. The unit will ship whenever they receive it and are able to process it. Normally that's on release day, sometimes it's before. It all depends on the manufacturer.

2. The only way to pick up a pre-order in-store is to pre-order at that store.

JB

Scout

Thank you, both, for the quick and clear reply. I feared (?) as much. :-)

The Captain

It is sooooo stupid and lame that you guys ship it ON the 3rd....Absolutely NONE of your customers prefer it that....We all want to ensure that we recieve it on release day....**competitor** ships everything the day before and almost always arrives on release date(9/10 times, if not then it's the next day...)

That's how it should be...and if for some strange reason it's not(we all know thw system is set up this way because it is the cheapest option). We SHOULD be able to have the chance to drive 5 minutes to my local Best Buy and pick the console up ourselves on release day...and not have to wait because of some cost saving measurement...

All I am trying to say is that, this is not a Customer First type of approach and we all hate it.

PS. While I am typing this I currently have the new Zelda Wolf-Link Amiibo out for delivery for me from **competitor**, and today is it's release date.

PPS. **competitor** called me yesterday telling me my copies of Yoshi Wooly World bundles are ready for pick up today(it's release date...).

Bottom line is do better, and I'll be pissed if I'm not playing my Switch on the first weekend(my days off) and get it Monday and have to wait till next Friday again to fully enjoy and emerse myself in it...
Luminary
0 Kudos

Best Buy's USA Site has some up for order, I hope bestbuy.ca will have some soon again...

Nintendo has a Switch Ad for Superbowl this Year too! so hopefully there will be some more up for order soon!!

Legendary Epic Genius

@Dlov

To start, let me just say that what I'm about to say is my own opinion. I do not work for BestBuy. 

First, I'm not really sure which competitor you are talking about but if it's the one I think, then please keep in mind that selling video games is all they do... nothing else. There's a major difference in the approach of a company that only sells video game and another company like BestBuy that do a lot more than sell video games and may not be able to afford changing the entire system only because some people are not able to wait 2-3 days to play a simple game.... This "A new product comes out and I simply can't wait...." is a reality that is rarely seen with refrigerators, TVs or Printers... 

Second, and again, because BestBuy don't only sell video games, bringing the "in Store pickup" options changes a lot the way they have to handle shipping and logistics. When the truck comes in, they would have some stocks for the ones that were able to reserve in store, some stocks for the one that reserved online and some left overs for the ones that want to be there on the release day and hope to grab one. I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying it might not be compatible with their current ways of doing business. 

And finally, remember that all of this ONLY so you can get a game or system on release day... and not wait a couple of days. Remember that even that particular competitor CANNOT guarantee that you will get your stuff on release day. Lucky you if it always happen but they still don't control the weather or the shipping companies. We're not talking about a perishable product or something that only lasts a week here... waiting IS permitted. 

The Captain
0 Kudos

The Switch will be available for preorder today around 12pm PST/3pm EST on BB. Good luck everyone!

Scout
0 Kudos

Will this new batch still ship for the 3rd? I've already got a grey one on order but I want to try to switch to red/blue if I can.

Legendary Epic Genius

@SteveFlood There is no indication that it would be shipped later than March 3rd... I think it's just another batch of pre-orders made available following the increase of production by Nintendo.