The Captain

Re: Nintendo Switch Pre-order information

They didn't say it'll arrive on that date. They said it COULD arrive on that date. Frankly, I think it's on you if you assume that means it's a guarantee.
Pioneer

The status of my order did actually say "delivered by March 3rd" there were no assumptions involved. I just trusted Bestbuy to stand by what they had stated on my order.

The Captain

SirGlub wrote:

The status of my order did actually say "delivered by March 3rd" there were no assumptions involved. I just trusted Bestbuy to stand by what they had stated on my order.

They're right. Mine said the same thing. 

I have no issues with a shipping or processing delay. The frustrating part of all this was the misinformation that some of us received from customer service and the overall lack of communication/transparency from BB. Without those things, it's only natural that people are going to speculate as to the possible cause or reason for the delay.

The Captain

BBYTerence wrote:

Hey!

It's great to read that some of you have gotten your deliveries. I know some of you have not; hang on tight. Thanks for your patience. There won't be any news to report over the weekend.

Announcements will only be posted on the announcement thread so they don't get lost in the shuffle of the pages of the discussion thread.

**competitor** is giving people up to 20% off their order for those who didn't get their product on the 3rd. Considering mine wont arrive until next friday what is bestbuy going to do for me?

Why on earth should I continue to continue to buy products from your company when not only do you not acknoledge your mistakes but you dont do a darned thing about them in terms of apology or compensation.

We're not just talking about a $20 dollar product here, most of us paid upwards of $500 to you guys. The least you could have done is told us before charging us that in some cases we'd be waiting A FULL WEEK after release date to recieve the product.

The Captain

[ Edited ]

oh ^ nice how it blurs our the competitor's name. God forbid we try and tell you how to improve by comparing you to **competitor**...

The Captain

[ Edited ]

@DavidZorychta do you have a source on *Competitor* giving that rebate?

The Captain
0 Kudos

No way would a company give you 20% off a new console release lol
The Captain

Also check the fine print a little more. My switch had march 3 up until the end of the day but if you click on the expected delivery date it says this

Expected delivery
Expected delivery is an estimate of when we will attempt delivery of an item based on where it is in our network. This date is not guaranteed and will continue to be updated as your item travels to its destination. The date may be before, after, or on the same day as the Delivery Standard and is updated based on local information.

See a range of delivery days? Exact delivery standards exist for every origin-destination combination. Exceptions apply in some areas. Consult our delivery standards tool or our shipping products & services information."

Never assume.
The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Edgepkp wrote:
No way would a company give you 20% off a new console release lol

wunderbar wrote:

@DavidZorychta do you have a source on the **Competitor** giving that rebate?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5woin8/canada_order_status_and_shipping/deh7bik/

"I did. Got 50% of my**Competitor**cost back (thanks??) and 20% off the cost of the order. Came to ~ $130 back to me. But still, now I'm stuck waiting for a week. FREAKING FedEx GROUND!!"

The Captain

[ Edited ]

The **Competitor** just gives flat percentage discounts to legitimate customer service complaints. This would be one. They don't part attention to what is even in the order.

I tried to call BB customer service, if you say you're calling about the switch it will play an automated message and then disconnect the call. Customer service champions 2017.