Legendary Epic Genius

Re: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild Master and Special Edition pre-order

Even if Zelda looks really nice, I'm pretty sure it doesn't need an additionnal power supply to run Smiley Wink
Luminary

Re: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild Master and Special Edition pre-order

Who said anything about getting the switch from the U.K. We are talking about a game here. No power needed
Luminary
0 Kudos

Even if you wanted to get the switch from the UK which would make no sense unless you were living there and planning on moving to Canada soon. The switch is powered over USB. Most tvs have USB ports now days, you don't even need the wall adapter.

But it's region free. Don't import the switch. Waste of money.
Luminary
0 Kudos

The only thing that gets under my fur is that in the US multiple retailers get access to the Master Edition.  Up here in Canada only one gets it.  Also several retailers in the US have access to the Special Edition and here up in Canada we are all listening to tumbleweeds as to who (if any) will actually get the Special Edition.  Best Buy claims they are getting it, but I will believe it when I see it.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Maybe it's time for Canadian's to reach out to Nintendo through emails and tweets asking this information, complain that we do not always get the same release dates as the US and should be given proper information as to our releases rather than lumping us in with North America (aka the US)

The Captain
0 Kudos

I've personally tried to tweet Nintendo of Canada and received no response.  Also, I can't seem to find an email address to contact them.  Any email address that I've found through Google has been closed and you just receive a reponse to use their online support page.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

This is very very worrisome... There's a new link/splash page on zelda.com (an official nintendo site), showing if BOTW Retail, Special, Master editions will either be available in US, Canada, or both. But for Special edition, they only show the US flag at the moment...
http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/buy-now/
Pioneer
0 Kudos

POno wrote:
This is very very worrisome... There's a new link/splash page on zelda.com (an official nintendo site), showing if BOTW Retail, Special, Master editions will either be available in US, Canada, or both. But for Special edition, they only show the US flag at the moment...
http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/buy-now/

They made that change on the 14th actually.  One of the other product pages still has the canadian flag but of course all the links are to retailers listings for the regular edition or 404 pages:

Pioneer

Another competitor just tweeted today that they will get Special Edition (date unknown), So, very good chance bestbuy.ca will also have some good news for us soon!
Luminary
0 Kudos

yeah I saw that too.. that's a good sign that Best Buy should indeed get some then.