The Captain
0 Kudos

Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition Price Drop

Hi @BBYTerence,

I noticed the pre-order price for Breath of the Wild has dropped to 129.99 on BB's website from 139.99. Are you going to automatically adjust the orders so that we're charged the 129.99 price?

Also, is there a way of ensuring that the special edition gets shipped in a box, and not a bag? So far BB has redeemed my faith in packaging, and I'd hate to see the special edition come crushed in a bubble mailer.

Thanks!

Community Manager

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition Price Drop

Hey, @Blodia.

Normally, for situations like the one you described regarding price drops, the customers do NOT have to do anything on their end. Best Buy won't charge customers the higher price in this situation. For Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition, the price will be adjusted to the lower price accordingly. It will just take some time for the individuals at the head office to coordinate what needs to be done for the price drop.

As for the shipping, I have forwarded your comments along to make them aware of shipping concerns.

Have a good one!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

I also have concerns on how it will be shipped box vs bag, as probably most who ordered the special edition care about the condition of the box it comes in.
The Captain
0 Kudos

Hey @BBYTerence,

Thanks for getting back to me.Past experiences have shown me that the higher price always charges, and I usually have to contact you guys to get the difference back. I was just wondering if you can ensure that the adjustment happens before it charges so that we're not occupying your time and ours by calling in afterwards.

I thank you for forwarding my comments to the shipping department, I just hope they treat it with good care.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Blodia wrote:

Hey @BBYTerence,

Thanks for getting back to me.Past experiences have shown me that the higher price always charges, and I usually have to contact you guys to get the difference back. I was just wondering if you can ensure that the adjustment happens before it charges so that we're not occupying your time and ours by calling in afterwards.

I thank you for forwarding my comments to the shipping department, I just hope they treat it with good care.

I've had the same experience.  I've never had a pre-order automatically include the price adjustment.  Always have to contact BB to get it.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Blodia wrote:

Hey @BBYTerence,

Hi, @Blodia.

It is out of my scope and authority to guarantee the smoothness and automation of the process for the price drop adjustment, but I've been told that the individuals involved are on it and are coordinating what needs to be done. I've already communicated to them that people are wondering how the price drop will affect their orders. They should be adjusting everything accordingly.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

Hi @BBYTerence,

I completely understand, you're just the messenger. I'm just glad we have a messenger to begin with. There's a lot of faceless companies out there, I'm glad BB isn't one of them. Smiley Happy

The Captain
0 Kudos

I remember the price drop for twilight princess HD ($99.99 to $79.99 MSRP), after BB support got flooded with requests they adjusted the price automatically. There is ample time until then I'm sure BB will come through and do the same in this case.