Pioneer
0 Kudos

star wars preorder run around

Hi,
I preordered star wars battlefront for the ps4 in store and was not given a code for early access to the jakku map pack on my receipt or by email. I went into my local store and they were completely confused by the question and told me to phone customer service. I called customer service and was then told by the gentleman on the phone to email customer service and they would be able to assist me. He was just passing the buck. I received an email back this morning telling me to "contact or visit the store where I preordered the game." Now I'm back to the beginning and very frustrated. Can anyone help?
Thanks
The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: star wars preorder run around

Most preorder bonus are ONLINE ONLY with BestBuy. Always make sure the preorder bonus is not online only by checking the product page.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

No where on the best buy website did it say "online only". I guess to save myself the hassle in the future, I will just buy my games elsewhere.
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @redwings123, so sorry to hear you haven't been getting a straight answer on this one Smiley Frustrated

The product page called out the Online Only detail during the pre-order time frame in two spots. Right on the page where the details of the bonus were listed and also in the pop up window that had full detail. Please note this is done on every item that has a pre-order bonus, as we want to make sure everyone is fully informed! 

BBYJuby
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

So what's the point preordering in store? If you preorder online, there is a strong chance that you won't even get the game on launch day due to mail issues. My friend who didn't preorder the game from another game store received the bonus code the day he picked it up. This is a joke. I will not be preordering or buying anymore games from best buy.
Pioneer
0 Kudos

I never received my early codes and also the bonus pre-order monitor topper.  I've contacted the customer service and their only solution was to check my spam or trash folder.

I'm honestly never pre-ordering from best buy again

Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @Richie_Rico, please see my post here and let me know if you need help! Smiley Happy 

BBYJuby
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation