Pioneer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Note 7 recall

How bestbuy will handle note 7 recall?? When??
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Note 7 recall

Best Buy is just a reseller for the cell phone providers, so the recall will be handled by your provider (Telus, Rogers, Bell) and not Best Buy directly. 

Best Buy will follow the recall directions given to them by each of the providers

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi @nainesh_kmodi,

First off, I'd like to welcome you to Plug-in.

Now to help answer your question about the global recall for the new Galaxy Note 7 mobile phone.  We are working closely with Samsung Canada to offer a replacement experience in the most convenient and efficient way possible. 

If you have purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from us, you have the option to either return your purchase or exchange it for a different Samsung model at any of our Best Buy locations.

For any additional questions or concerns, I invite you to please call our Customer Service (1-866-237-8289) team and they can help answer any additional inquiries. 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Why is BestBuy not accepting my Note 7 when I purchased it outright?

I purchased the Note 7 outright from the North York Center, and when I called them, they stated they aren't accepting the returns after 14 days, yet when I speak wiht Samsung, they told me to go back to where I bought this phone. Please advise on what needs to be done, I still have the receipt when I bought it.

Luminary

Re: Why is BestBuy not accepting my Note 7 when I purchased it outright?

Hi Niro,

If you purchased from best buy canada and still have the receipt for your phone and all note 7 specific accessories go to the store to return the product. I attached a link to the product recall but you can also find it by going to bestbuy.ca at the very bottom click on product recalls and you can see the Note 7 there.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Projects/ProductRecall/Assets/en/Samsung_Canada_Recalls_Note7_Phones-English2....

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Scout
0 Kudos

RECALLED: Pre-ordered Samsung Note 7 (Note7) through Best Buy Canada

[ Edited ]

I pre-ordered my Samsung Note 7 (Note7) through Best Buy Canada because of Best Buy Canada's offer to receive the free offer (gift) consisting of a Samsung wireless charger and 128 gb memory card (valued at $220 CAD at the time). Other retailers/providers/carriers offered the option of either a Samsung Level Box Pro or Gear Fit2 as their enticement to pre-order (valued at $250 CAD at the time). I did not want either the Samsung Level Box Pro or Gear Fit2 and therefore went with Best Buy Canada’s offering.

When I went to Best Buy to "exchange" (not return for refund) my recalled Note 7 per Samsung’s Refund and Exchange Details I was informed at the store I needed to also bring in the free Samsung wireless charger and 128 gb memory card. I was informed if I wasn't able to supply the free Samsung wireless charger and 128 gb memory card I would be charged for those items by Best Buy to "exchange" my recalled Note 7.

Confirming with Samsung Canada, my understanding is people who took the time and effort to pre-order through non-Best Buy channels get to keep their pre-order gifts.

Additionally, according to Bestbuy.com Note 7 FAQs (US site): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/galaxy-note7-information/pcmcat748302046994.c?id=pcmcat748302046994):

Q: Can I keep the free item that I received with my Note7 purchase?

A: Yes, you may keep the free item that you received.

Is this stance by Best Buy Canada correct that Best Buy Canada for “exchange” purposes (under unprecedented/ extenuating recall circumstances and contrary to its peers/ parent) really going to demand the physical return of their pre-order offer or charge people the equivalent value?

Like many other carrier and retail partners (including Best Buy US) I would suggest Best Buy Canada post a webpage as soon as possible outlining their exchange and refunds/ recall process, (Samsung) program incentives, FAQs, and, being an agnostic mobile phone retailer, Note7 alternatives/equivalents.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Plug-in,

Thank you for your questions about the Note 7 recall. I am happy to share this information with you.

Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. is providing two credit options to return your Galaxy Note7. If you purchased the recalled device from Best Buy Canada, and have not yet returned it, you can do so at your nearest location and choose from two credit options: 1) a $100 credit for customers who exchange their Note7s for a Galaxy S7 and S7 edge; or 2) a $25 credit for customers who exchange their Note7s for a refund or other smartphone.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Customer Service

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Scout
0 Kudos

@BBYBilly

NOT SOLVED: You only provided yet another diversion. You did not answer my question; nor did wading through and talking with Best Buy Canada's Customer Service. In fact, all that has been happening has been a perpetual circle: talk to Custom Service, Customer Service says to talk to a store manager, Store manager says to talk to Best Buy mobile rep, Best Buy mobile rep says to talk to Customer Service, and repeat.

Let me be perfectly clear, after spending way too much time dealing with Best Buy Canada for what should be a painless and straightforward exchange, why is Best Buy Canada demanding the return the Note7 pre-order free promotion when a person is trying to exchange their phone?

How is Best Buy Canada justifying demanding the return the Note7 pre-order free promotion when a person is trying to exchange their phone when Best Buy USA is not, Samsung (both US and Canada) is not, Telus is not, Bell is not, and Rogers is not?

Why is Best Buy Canada being sticky about the included accessories when returning or exchanging the Note7, when according to Samsung (both the Note7 hotline and in person at the Samsung store), the accessories do not matter?

Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

hi there @CADnote

I connected with the mobile team here at head office and they confirmed that you can keep the gifts.

Apologies for the confusion! I've sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager