Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.
Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in iPad & Tablets forum to get your questions answered.
06-08-2012 06:50 AM
06-08-2012 07:59 AM
I would say start with the 32gb with NO 4G.
- 16gb may be to small. Newer apps are large and may consume the memory too quickly
- 64gb may be to too high. If they need something bigger, they can buy a bigger one when the newer version comes out next year
- skip the 4G models.
- if you want to save some money, look for the old iPad2 without the retina display. Battery life will be better too.
- hope you have a good case. Have a look at the child other possessions. Is there a lot of scratches and damage? They may need a case to have better grip. As a senior, mine has dents. Case makes a difference.
- BTW.... did you hear the iPad mini is likely to be released in September for a much lower cost?
What do others think?
06-11-2012 11:43 AM
I would agree with XL.
16GB is manageable if media isn't the primary focus. My daughter uses mostly apps now, and leaves music/video to other devices.
4G model is overkill and expensive. I would stick to wifi as well (no cellular option) as data plans are expensive.
Ipad2 is a great deal, as it is the lightest and currently $100 less if you can find it.
They are pretty study on their own, but I find the stand/cover isn't perfect for the ipad. I bought a cheap faux leather one online, has saved it from many falls and bumps.
If you want cheaper, the ASUS 7" tablet should be out the end of June. Rumored to be very fast and only $200, but not apple.
06-12-2012 03:52 PM
I think that the 16GB iPad 2 should be sufficient for a 12-year old - they are only $419 and very thin and slick-looking...unless she needs to have the latest and greatest... then I would agree with the other comments about the iPad 3.
Here is the iPad 2 - I'm sure she will love anything you get her!
The iPad changed the way we use computers, consume content, and entertain ourselves. The Apple iPad 2 will do it all over again. Equipped with the all-new A5 chip, front and rear-facing cameras, gyroscope, a 33%-thinner profile and a plethora of other improvements, it's everything you could possibly want in a tablet, and then some. (Please note: This is the WiFi version)
Online Manager, Future Shop