Visitor
mcheung10
Accepted Solution

The new iPad re-stocking

[ Edited ]

I was planning on getting The new iPad but all the Future Shop stores in my city are out at the moment from the initial first rush. How often will the Future Shop stores restock the inventory of The new iPad?

Visitor
pkouri

Re: The new iPad re-stocking

One store told me to call every day, and another told me to call back in one month!  First one is clearly a poor use of store associate time, and the other store, clearly couldn't be bothered!

I offered to order and pay, which was not accepted.

Surely in today's electronic environment, more precise information could be given to customers!

SKU: 10178793

Apple has taken mobile computing to a whole new level. Beyond its slim, fit-easily-into-any-bag design, the new iPad with Wi-Fi + 4G comes loaded with features such as a Retina display, 5MP iSight camera that shoots 1080p HD video, and the power to connect to high-speed 4G LTE networks. And with apps for iLife and iWork now for the iPad, there isn't anything you can't do.

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

[ Edited ]

pkouri, Future Shop wants the business of every potential customer, if they had more precise information to give, they absolutely would.

The lack of knowledge or the inability to identify specific dates for re-stock aren't a result of the retailer's practices, it's Apple. They aren't kidding when they say they don't know. Stock likely comes in with little to no notice when Apple decides to distribute it.

From what I hear, the new iPad is already bottlenecking in production due to a delay in parts from Apple's suppliers, specifically to do with the screen and the retina display. On top of that, Apple is at launch distributing the new iPad to something like 25+ countries, and Apple is going to allot accordingly as iPads become available.

The result of this is basically that Apple gets to decide where and how whatever stock is produced goes out. Apple is always going to do so in whatever manner best serves their interests, which means they aren't going to make any commitments, and things are most likely just going to arrive when they arrive, as Apple decides. For this reason, no retailer can reasonably tell you when more stock will be available. Nor can/will they likely pre-sell you one because a) they have no idea how many they could pre-sell this way, not knowing how many they will receive, and b) frankly they don't have to. The end result is the same, a sold-out product

This is the world we live in :smileyhappy: Unfortunately Apple probably doesn't mind this kind of scarcity either. It maintains the elite status of their products and pretty much bends all the laws of Economics 101 in their favor! 

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Emerging Expert
JuliaF

Hi mcheng,

What city do you live in? Future Shop stores still have some inventory and expect more in the future - we don't have exact dates, but if you could tell me your city, I can see if I can find out more info!

Julia

Julia
Online Manager, Future Shop
Visitor
mcheung10

[ Edited ]

I live in Toronto, Ontario and am looking for a Black 32 GB Wi-Fi only model. I hope that you can help me find out more information. Thanks!

Visitor
glitchomania

Very true!  We need to wait and find out teh scoupe from apple.  I however take names and numbers at my store.. I don't promise anything to my customers but I tell them that I can call them when we get some more in so that they get a real good chance to make it in and get one!  Pre paying is very confusing and kaotic to manage so making a phone call and doing contact management seems to keep most of my customers happy! 

Visitor
TkChan

[ Edited ]

I don't think its that hard to find, depends on which model u looking for, I went to bb and  staple and futureshop at Laird yesterday, all of them have stock, just didn't have the one I want (32GB black wifi only).  then I drove to fairview mall, apple store had all the models in stock... got one within 10 mins..

Visitor
mcheung10

I was also looking for the black 32 GB WiFi only model but I have to get it at Future Shop because I have some gift cards that I would like to use on it.

Visitor
nanraylee

Hi, JuliaF

I am living in Richmond, BC.

Would you please find any info about the re-stock time/quantity?

Thanks in advance!

Ray

Visitor
nanraylee

Hi, Julia
Can you provide any info about the restock time/quantity in Rihcmond, BC?
Thanks!
Ray
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.