Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Which is the better tablet Android or Windows based

Im not sure which to get, I like the ease of Android but I like the familiarity of Windows. NO iPAD!
Epic Genius

Re: Which is the better tablet Android or Windows based

If you are getting it primarily for working on, the Windows tablets can run either Office ART or full Office, which is much easier to work on than Android equivalents and makes it easy to transfer files between PC and tablet.  If you are getting it primarily for entertainment, the Android tablets have FAR more apps and games available.  Other than that, it comes down to size, weight, and features (like micro SD slots) of each model.

David G.
Multi-Channel Sales Assistant
Best Buy Kanata
(613)287-3912

Scout

Depends on the tablet you are looking at and what you are doing on it

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

Does Best Buy offer any dual OS tablets (Android/Windows)?

BTW... know the difference beween Surface RT and Surface Pro.  It's the Pro tablet that can run desktop software.

Legendary Epic Genius

Little late to the game, aren't we?

To answer your questions xl:

We used to have a dual OS computer, Asus made it - but it didn't take off and the switching was kinda buggy. So for the time being I think that idea's been put on hold.

And just to simplify things, the Surface Pro runs full windows and is essentially a computer in tablet form. I ususally don't suggest windows RT machines, as you only gain a few things (like native USB host) but are still limited to apps available only from the microsoft store, and the RT only comes with 32Gb of memory which at the end of the day isn't very much, its nice that you can expand the memory on it though via microSD.

Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
The Captain

You want to go with Android or iOS because there's more apps to download.

Epic Genius

While there are more "apps" for Android, you can install pretty much ANY PC program onto a Windows tablet.   This includes everything from iTunes, photoshop, accounting software, Steam, PC games, etc...

As a PC user that is just one of the thing I like about Windows tablets - the other big thing is that they have a standard USB port so you can quickly plug in a USB drive, mouse, keyboard, or any of the other USB devices available and it just works.

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

I'm leaning towards the upcoming Surface 3 that's coming out in May.  I was considering Lenovo Thinkpad 10, but the new Surface 3 seems to have everything that I'm looking for.

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning toward the Surface 3 Pro if I decide I need to replace my laptop come the summer. We have a NAS that we can access anywhere in the world, so hard drive space isn't really an issue for me.

Looks like a pretty fantastic tablet as far as they go.

JB