Community Manager
0 Kudos

Speaker types and brands for a big space

Hey everyone!

To all those who know a little bit about audio and audio setup, a series of questions was brought forth to me, and I figured I would present it to the forum to get some of your insights. This inquiry was about setting up a sound system in a large space.

Do you guys have any thoughts on what brands of speakers would be great for a large, commercial space? In this particular case, it would be a 12,000 sq ft restaurant. So the space would be furnished, possibly crowded with high foot traffic, and a lot of ambient noise. 

What types of speakers do you think would work best? It's not like this place is a night club, but they expect to throw big parties at this location as well as operating like a typical restaurant.

What are some main considerations to keep in mind when doing this type of setup?

Leave your opinions and comments below! Thanks!

Image result for speakers wallpaper

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

Re: Speaker types and brands for a big space

One piece of advice for the restaurant..... consider getting a sound level meter.

• I like the sound to be evenly distributed around the room.  I refuse to sit next to a loud speaker.
  • are customers eating alone?  Not likely.... customers want to have conversations.... there are some places I don't go because it's too difficult to have a conversation
  • use the sound meter to assess sound levels at various points around the room