Visitor
arreat89

Will Future Shop price match Best Buy?

[ Edited ]
I found Best Buy's price for the Zen Vision: M cheaper by $50, will they price match them? Also, does anyone know how much the warranty costs (for future shop and Best buy)?

Message Edited by arreat89 on 07-27-2007 06:14 AM
Emerging Expert
kurt

hi there     yes future shop will match bestbuy here is h...

[ Edited ]
hi there

yes future shop will match bestbuy here is how it works

if you find any of the products that futureshop has at best buy go into futureshop they will call them to make sure they have stock and the price... then we will match and beat there price by 10% of the differance..   meaning that we will say the price differance is 10$ futureshop will give you 11$ off of futureshops price so the product would end up being 1$ less then bestbuy.    so as for the zen we will end up taking 55$ off of our price so it will be cheaper at futureshop

as for the service plans you should give them both a call both of them to see what the price is

Kurt Elliott
Product Expert
Moncton
Store 081

Message Edited by kurt on 07-27-2007 11:47 AM
Contributor
live_strong

i thought that you would match but NOT beat BestBuy by 10...

i thought that you would match but NOT beat BestBuy by 10% as you are both the same company (FutureShop is not 100% Canadian Owned, unlike what they like to say)

did rule get changed or are did you just make a mistake
Emerging Expert
kurt

hi there     yes we do beat bestbuy as we treat them like...

hi there

yes we do beat bestbuy as we treat them like a regular competior even tho the same company does own both

Kurt Elliott
Product Expert
Moncton
Store 081

Visitor
geoff8

Price matching

It has always been future shop's policy to beat all competitors by 10% and since best buy and future shop seem to like competing ie. putting a best buy and a future shop in the same mall about 500 yards away from each other i would assume that they will always beat all competitors including chains that are owned by their own parent company.
Visitor
JONES129

Also, before you go out to buy at the store, do a little...

Also, before you go out to buy at the store, do a little research on both their web sites for what you are looking for.  Sometimes it is on sale online and the store will honour it.  Same with FutureShop own competitor BB.  This works both ways too.  I went in today to get an item not on sale and found it on sale in store.
Visitor
Ballistyc

I think this is a joke...

I've tried on numourous occassions to get products reduced with the 10% difference at Futureshop from (competitor) only to be told that "we dont do the 10% difference with our sister company"....
I've done this probably more than 20 times around various Toronto outlets and not once has Futureshop honoured their policy. (competitor) however did honour their policy until recently....now I'm hearing the same excuses from them.

It's easy for Futureshop employees to say how easy things work while online, but once you walk into a real store it's a whole different story
Blogger
Graham

Alrighty

Help us help you. Please let service@futureshop.com or the folks at 1-800-663-2275 know who you spoke to, when it was and where you spoke to them. We'll ensure that the proper policy is trained out to all associates who may have misunderstood the program.

Thanks!

Blogger of the Year!
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.